• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The UK has become the first country in the world to approve the Pfizer/BioNTech jab

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    "A document by the FDA said: “Among non-serious unsolicited adverse events, there was a numerical imbalance of four cases of Bell’s palsy in the vaccine group compared with no cases in the placebo group, though the four cases in the vaccine group do not represent a frequency above that expected in the general population.”"

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
      I got as far as this:

"The Bell’s palsy is believed to be unrelated to the vaccine, with cases in the trial occurring at the same rate as in the general population."

Next!
      Of course the establishment would like to brain wash the public that this was all unrelated. Nerve agent dosage slightly higher and causing paralysis, is of course dressed as normal, nothing to worry about.
      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
        Of course the establishment would like to brain wash the public that this was all unrelated. Nerve agent dosage slightly higher and causing paralysis, is of course dressed as normal, nothing to worry about.
        Exactly.

So better start saying nice things about Pfizer like I do or you might become part of the normal paralisis group...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          "A document by the FDA said: “Among non-serious unsolicited adverse events, there was a numerical imbalance of four cases of Bell’s palsy in the vaccine group compared with no cases in the placebo group, though the four cases in the vaccine group do not represent a frequency above that expected in the general population.”"
          If you are over 60 you are extremely unlikely to get Bell's Palsy. So as I pointed out before the cheaper vaccine is the one us non-OAPs will get.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            If you are over 60 you are extremely unlikely to get Bell's Palsy. So as I pointed out before the cheaper vaccine is the one us non-OAPs will get.
            Will be offered for free, yes, but paid option will be proper mRNA stuff with 95% efficiency at at price that I doubt will be more than £200 for 2 shots.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              I don't know if I believe that. The 4 participants got bells palsy 3, 9, 37, 48 days after the jab.

Let's look at the expected number of bells palsy for the 2 month period following their jab. So 4 per 38,000 per 2 months translates to an incidence rate of 63/100,000 per year. Normal incidence rate in general population is 20/100,000 per year. That's over 3 times the rate and more importantly there was 0/100,000 per year incidence rate in the control group.

It's a statistically significant result. It's crazy considering that we would consider a drug a wonder drug if it decreased incidence rate of a disease by 300%.

Of course it's all meaningless if it isn't replicated but this shouldn't just be brushed aside as it is statistically significant.

Comment

Originally posted by jayn200 View Post
                I don't know if I believe that. The 4 participants got bells palsy 3, 9, 37, 48 days after the jab.

Let's look at the expected number of bells palsy for the 2 month period following their jab. So 4 per 38,000 per 2 months translates to an incidence rate of 63/100,000 per year. Normal incidence rate in general population is 20/100,000 per year. That's over 3 times the rate and more importantly there was 0/100,000 per year incidence rate in the control group.

It's a statistically significant result. It's crazy considering that we would consider a drug a wonder drug if it decreased incidence rate of a disease by 300%.

Of course it's all meaningless if it isn't replicated but this shouldn't just be brushed aside as it is statistically significant.
                If you give people vaccinations in winter you are going to expect they are more likely to end up with certain conditions as a coincidence- Bells Palsy is more common in the winter months.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

If you give people vaccinations in winter you are going to expect they are more likely to end up with certain conditions as a coincidence- Bells Palsy is more common in the winter months.
                  What concerns me is that there were and are open questions and concerns relating to increasing incidents of autoimmune diseases and mRNA vaccines. This would require several years of study to understand and quantify the risks.

Bell's Palsy is believed to be an autoimmune disease.
                  First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Yeah sorry I don't have that level of detail, you could be right that there is a seasonality to it or even a further breakdown by demographics might put it within margin of error.

It's not winter yet though. I would presume these happened in early fall right?

I am not from health/medical background but have a strong background in data/programming/statistics. Before this tulipshow this last year I had no idea how incompetent people from these industries were with data. So many mistakes with data over the last year. A level much exceeding the private industries I have worked in. I would have thought it was the other way around with a higher degree of care in the sciences but point is I don't trust it. Now of course this doesn't seem like it's a show stopper anyway but I don't like it being brushed aside so quickly by the media with no scrutiny.

Comment

Originally posted by jayn200 View Post

It's not winter yet though. I would presume these happened in early fall right?
                      Are you an American perchance?
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X