• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ISA CGT and living abroad

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
    Scooter scooted then?

Pains me to remember that I have stayed in there a rather long time ago. Was luxury after being in Slough all day

The Grovefield house is quite nice, if you just want a place to put your head try the Copthorne or Holiday inn.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post
      Thank you. Jesus, they even come after your pension lump sum.

Anyone have a spare room in this country we can live in for 6 months a year?

Not sure about tax avoidance measures. Sounds like an overseas bank account would be needed to realise any profits into.
      Wilmslow does if you're not overly concerned about privacy.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        Wilmslow does if you're not overly concerned about privacy.
        Or personal safety

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Or personal safety
          Or the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            The Grovefield house is quite nice, if you just want a place to put your head try the Copthorne or Holiday inn.
            Yes .. all of those.

Comment

My first contractor gig was is Slough. The permies stayed in the Copthorne and ate there, and the contractors stayed in Premier Inn or Travelodge , and used to spend all night drinking champagne in the 'Spoons with the odd night in Pizza Express. Except for Jack who used to eat Tesco sandwiches in front of his Travelodge telly. Strange days.

Comment

My first contractor gig was is Slough. The permies stayed in the Copthorne and ate there, and the contractors stayed in Premier Inn or Travelodge , and used to spend all night drinking champagne in the 'Spoons with the odd night in Pizza Express. Except for Jack who used to eat Tesco sandwiches in front of his Travelodge telly. Strange days.
                Fantasy story, Shirley!?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Fantasy story, Shirley!?

nope ancient history

Wetherspoon to stop selling champagne and prosecco - BBC News

JD Wetherspoon plans to replace champagne and prosecco with non-European Union sparkling wines.Company founder Tim Martin, who campaigned for Brexit, said it was part of a transition away from products made in the EU.

Wetherspoon sells two million bottles of sparkling wine each year, most of which is prosecco.

The pub chain aims to replace the Italian fizz with UK or "new world" alternatives in the next year or two.

Champagne will no longer be available at Wetherspoon's pubs from next month.

There will also be changes to the beer line up. Wheat beer and alcohol-free beer from the UK, will replace the current options brewed in Germany.

Mr Martin said the new drinks would be cheaper than the EU products they are replacing.
                  The chain sells fewer than 100,000 bottles of champagne a year and stocks only Moët & Chandon.
                  "Champagne has lost market share to lower price sparkling wines," Mr Martin said.
                  Spoons must have been outraged when they found they sold the most champagne to old smeg trying to impress Tracee in Slough
                  Last edited by vetran; 23 November 2020, 20:10.

Comment

nope ancient history

Wetherspoon to stop selling champagne and prosecco - BBC News

Spoons must have been outraged when they found they sold the most champagne to old smeg trying to impress Tracee in Slough
                    Sorry if you felt I was leading you on. I just felt rather sorry for you kitted our in that cheap blonde wig and Asda George maternity dress.

Comment

Sorry if you felt I was leading you on. I just felt rather sorry for you kitted our in that cheap blonde wig and Asda George maternity dress.

I have been in the Slough spoons once in my life, on a pub crawl with a load of Electrical engineers , I didn't wear a blonde wig that time.

You must have met Walter , that sounds like his dress sense, hasn't been the same since his time in the Marines. He wouldn't have needed a lot of leading on, if you didn't score with him you must be fugly beyond belief.

Comment

Working...
                      X