• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Extinction Rebelling Blocking Murdoch Press

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    It was reported in nearly all the MSM:

Port of Dover is brought to a standstill by far-right groups | World news | The Guardian

Police clash with anti-immigration protesters blocking dual carriageway as they march towards Dover | Daily Mail Online

The government are more interested in prosecuting a bunch of hippies that threatens their mouthpieces than a bunch of right wing fascists...
    I didn't spend much of my Saturday trawling the Mail & Graun either, funnily enough. Although a quick trip to Google sheds a little more light on your 'hippies':

Extinction Rebellion listed as 'key threat' by counter-terror police | Extinction Rebellion | The Guardian

Extinction Rebellion at war with itself after infiltration by Marxists

Extinction rebellion protests: Climate change activists hit out at hard-left | UK | News | Express.co.uk

The only difference being the 'fascists' didn't seem to be very organised. Stick to your whataboutery if it makes you feel better, though...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      I didn't spend much of my Saturday trawling the Mail & Graun either, funnily enough. Although a quick trip to Google sheds a little more light on your 'hippies':

Extinction Rebellion listed as 'key threat' by counter-terror police | Extinction Rebellion | The Guardian

Extinction Rebellion at war with itself after infiltration by Marxists

Extinction rebellion protests: Climate change activists hit out at hard-left | UK | News | Express.co.uk

The only difference being the 'fascists' didn't seem to be very organised. Stick to your whataboutery if it makes you feel better, though...
      Ah, I wouldn't have taken you as a fascist apologist, still, continue as you were...
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Progressive lefties would be (rightly) choking on their quinoa if the hard right were blocking the free press. But since it's a bunch of champagne swampies blocking the Murdoch press:

Irredeemable snowflakes.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
          Progressive lefties would be (rightly) choking on their quinoa if the hard right were blocking the free press. But since it's a bunch of champagne swampies blocking the Murdoch press:

Irredeemable snowflakes.
          The free press continues absolutely fine. Murdoch's outfit should sue organisers and participants for damages to make right their losses. The rest is just hysterical hand-wringing.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            The free press continues absolutely fine. Murdoch's outfit should sue organisers and participants for damages to make right their losses. The rest is just hysterical hand-wringing.
            Some of the free press is more free than the rest. That sounds like hysterical hand-wringing to me.

Comment

Ah, I wouldn't have taken you as a fascist apologist, still, continue as you were...
              Very, very far from it. Although I can see how a militant marxist apologist might see it that way...
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                  Very, very far from it. Although I can see how a militant marxist apologist might see it that way...
                  BLM = Marxist, XR = Marxist, Anyone who doesn't agree with the right wing establishment = Marxist

Comment

BLM = Marxist, XR = Marxist, Anyone who doesn't agree with the right wing establishment = Marxist
                    Given that the stated aims of both are the complete overthrow of capitalism, and of one the complete removal of the police, I think 'marxist extremist' is a pretty fair label.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                      Some of the free press is more free than the rest..
                      Now you're just rambling. The Times is as much a part of the free press as every other newspaper. But the articles were still written and published. Distribution of the printed version was affected, so those responsible should be sued. But this totalitarian, attack on the free press nonsense is simply hysterical hand wringing.

Comment

Working...
                      X