• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A clever PR stunt...not

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Thinking about it, also from the perspective of a clueless person, it's probably safer to have a rod with no line in it for a photo op!

Knowing me, I'd do something clumsy and several meters of line would issue forth and catch onto something and yank a (probably) expensive rod out of my hands, never to be seen again.

I'm in no way condoning the numptiness of the photo op, just thinking about the practicalities of having an idiot handle the kit.
    Fishing line is generally clear, so you wouldn't see it anyway. She could have stayed in her warm, dry office, so credit to her for braving a trip on a fishing boat - I certainly wouldn't, everyone would be ankle deep in vomit within minutes - and I'll leave the rest of you to carp (see what I did there) at your leisure.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      I did go mullet fishing with a shotgun in my youth.
      You'd probably have more luck if you went out now, there's mullets everywhere...

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        You'd probably have more luck if you went out now, there's mullets everywhere...

Nowadays I just go for Brexiteers in a barrel.

Comment

No excuse now the hairdressers have reopened.

Comment

Mackerel War | Britishseafishing.co.uk

Why the UK’s GBP200m mackerel haul is losing its ‘sustainable’ label - Unearthed

Probably doing her bit for trade:

The majority of mackerel landed in the UK is exported overseas. According to figures fromHMRC overseas trade statistics, the largest export market is the European Union.
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              Nowadays I just go for Brexiteers in a barrel.
              Do you come across many in Ireland?

Comment

Do you come across many in Ireland?
                They're on this forum.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  No excuse now the hairdressers have reopened.
                  Although it's easier to get a GP appointment
                  Hair appointments are one customer at a time, and they disinfect everything a customer might have touched or breathed on between appointments. I had to wait nearly a month, but I can go out safely now, without risking Greg's pellets. Although, now he's switched targets, I can't...

Comment

Fishing line is generally clear, so you wouldn't see it anyway.
                    But there doesn't even appear to be any on the reel.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      But there doesn't even appear to be any on the reel.
                      It's magic Brexit fishing line to catch magic Brexit fish from the magic Brexit Sea of Plenty.

Comment

Working...
                      X