• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Update on the unemployed contractor house...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its shocking I know....

Has anyone tried to claim the doll through their limited. If I could be a doley contractor think of the NI I could save!

Comment

Holy mary mother of...

It has to be said that working for an agent that doesnt know the first thing about contractors is great.

Just got a mail "can you supply the contract that you want to use".... IR35 safe city here I come.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet
        IR35 safe city here I come.
        *Cue loads of bleating on about how its not the contract, its the working arrangements etc etc*
        "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Bah

Comment

I dont understand whats going on mate. Are they trying to pass you off as a permie or something?

Are you happy about the job? Or isn't it enugh to get by on?
            The pope is a tard.

Comment

That makes two of us.

In their mind they wanted someone to be taken on as a permie PAYE for the 9 months. The job doesnt exist and isnt maternity cover (single projcet) so should be able to wangle it outside IR35 etc. I threw the Ltd into the mix and asked for the daily rate which they worked out rate per day and then said 19 days holiday. I just need to make sure as has been stated that they know contractor is not the same as employee so they dont try to make me take 19 days holiday etc etc.

I don't think this agency or the client have deal with a contractor before and as they are out of their PAYE scope of comfort they don't know what to do.

I think I got the "newbie" recruitment consultant - you know the one that phones you up in the morning before the interview to make sure you know what time it is and your out of bed etc etc. Most mature rec consultants I've found don't bother.

As for the job. Its ok, nothing special and the rate isnt setting the world on fire but its better than nowt. If you'd have offered me this kind of cash 4 months ago I would have bitten your arm off to get it. But now - partly becuase I'm still talking to another client who are talking figures that are double this rate I'm in no rush to agree to this contract.

Another factor is the agent is benig pushy which really doesnt sit well with me. She wanted me to sign the contract on Friday - I've still not said I'll take the job (damn agents). Due to all the training and holidays I've booked I can't start untill 1st March so again in no rush to sign a contract.

Comment

If the agent isn't bothered what setup you use isn't it better to be go self employed? I've a feeling the take home is better, might be worth investigating.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet
                  I don't think this agency or the client have deal with a contractor before and as they are out of their PAYE scope of comfort they don't know what to do.
                  If they are that 'innocent' then why not convince them that it's OK to pay the money into an offshore account gross of any tax etc.

And in the light of the experiences another member of our brotherhood, make sure that there is a clause in your contract that states that early termination by either party require the contract to be paid in full.

Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Originally posted by Buffoon
                    make sure that there is a clause in your contract that states that early termination by either party require the contract to be paid in full.

Don't tempt me.

Comment

Working...
                    X