• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

COVID paranoia

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    That’s what you said - fits perfectly into your denial of reality, “want my life back”, “being selfish” - you sound 100% like one of them posters on ToryGraph comment section
    Yes but I want it back in the context of being fairly sure that a load of people aren't going to die as a result. Look at what's going on in other countries where lockdowns have ended, do some bloody research instead of falling hook, line and sinker for everything that comes out of Matty Handcock's mouth.

God, Eric Honicker would be proud of you....

Comment

Originally posted by Excursion UK View Post
      Yes but I want it back in the context of being fairly sure that a load of people aren't going to die as a result.
      I am fairly sure you did not give a fook

Comment

Originally posted by caffeine man View Post
        I am not sure the Swedish response of "no lockdown" has had a better outcome. High levels of infection , to the point where other countries e.g Norway, will not allow Swedish people to travel there. Still economic disruption, as people stay home by choice, out of fear. I have not seen any reports on the impact on Swedish economic growth yet.

The Brazilian response of "no lockdown" is also being reported as high infection rates, with the US blocking travel from there. Not sure about the economic impact yet.

Certainly not seen any great outcomes from countries with no lockdown.
        Well Belgium has the worst figures, not sure what happened there but Sweden is around 400 deaths per million as opposed to 600 here.

As for Brazil, there was no lockdown ordered by the federal government but lockdowns were ordered by individual states. Been Zooming with a Brazilian lady I know in Sao Paulo and they've very much been in some kind of lockdown. Hard to ascertain what's voluntary and what's mandatory but she's been very much isolated from the rest of her family there, shops, cafes shut, wfh etc.
        Last edited by Excursion UK; 17 June 2020, 23:38.

Comment

I am fairly sure you did not give a fook
          Perhaps shut up now, eh?

Comment

Well Belgium has the worst figures, not sure what happened there but Sweden is around 400 deaths per million as opposed to 600 here.

As for Brazil, there was no lockdown ordered by the federal government but lockdowns were ordered by individual states. Been Zooming with a Brazilian lady I know in Sao Paulo and they've very much been in some kind of lockdown. Hard to ascertain what's voluntary and what's mandatory but she's been very much isolated from the rest of her family there, shops, cafes shut, wfh etc.
            Try comparing Sweden with other Nordic countries for a more realistic comparison.

Comment

And I want a cheap old yellow Lambo, does not mean I am getting one.
              FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                Try comparing Sweden with other Nordic countries for a more realistic comparison.
                Where Sweden failed, apparently, was in failing to protect at risk groups, care homes etc.

Comment

Where Sweden failed, apparently, was in failing to protect at risk groups, care homes etc.
                  Says who?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    Says who?
                    The BBC, for one.

Among other things there were protocols in place to discourage residents of care homes being admitted to hospital.

Comment

And is the population density, mobility and health similar to here?
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X