• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market boom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This remind you of anything?

I'm alright Jack

Comment

This time it’s different - coronavirus is not a flu!

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
        I agree with this. I can't help the feeling that there will be an awful lot of losers in the very near future.
        I expect the problems will begin when companies start having to pay wages themselves. I have been pricing shares assuming the government pays wages, and I have been making regular profits on stocks daily. But when companies start getting costs, and paying wages again, that is when the problems start, and reality returns to the markets, particularly if people stay at home.

But how soon will this happen. 15/6 onwards when empty shops re-open? another quarter to report the bad news?

Comment

The problem is the same problem for the last several years. Nothing new, not the virus... the problem is debt. Debt debt debt, especially corporate debt used for share buybacks. The funny part is retail is now joining the party. The reking ball is going to have a wild party.

Think of the future as a road. You borrow from it by digging a hole way down the line so you can make a hill for the present. At some point the top of the hill meets the bottom of the hole in one sharp wallop. We're on the edge of that hill boyo's.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            This remind you of anything?

Scooty?
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              The problem is the same problem for the last several years. Nothing new, not the virus... the problem is debt. Debt debt debt, especially corporate debt used for share buybacks. The funny part is retail is now joining the party. The reking ball is going to have a wild party.

Think of the future as a road. You borrow from it by digging a hole way down the line so you can make a hill for the present. At some point the top of the hill meets the bottom of the hole in one sharp wallop. We're on the edge of that hill boyo's.
              Debt doesn't matter any more, not to stock markets. You owe $1m, who cares? You owe $1bn, who cares? You owe $1trn, who cares?

Debt is meaningless, profitability is meaningless. Bankrupt stocks are the future. Buy all the failed businesses they will make you rich.

Chesapeake Shares Halted After Insane Market Action; Bankruptcy Filing Believed Imminent

Comment

Originally posted by caffeine man View Post
                I expect the problems will begin when companies start having to pay wages themselves. I have been pricing shares assuming the government pays wages, and I have been making regular profits on stocks daily. But when companies start getting costs, and paying wages again, that is when the problems start, and reality returns to the markets, particularly if people stay at home.

But how soon will this happen? 15/6 onwards when empty shops re-open? another quarter to report the bad news?
                Yep. Also factor in viruses spread easier in the Autumn/winter when people tend to be inside still. So either a vaccine is rolled out to the UK population before late Autumn or we will be back in full lockdown this time with limited bail out options from the government.

People won't return to work/normality until the free money is turned off. Will the government bankrupt the country to fund an extended the furlogh scheme?
                Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Fed pushing for negative interest rates.

Fed economists make the case for negative interest rates in the United States - CNN

Researchers for the St. Louis branch of the Fed wrote in a report late last month that the combination of "aggressive fiscal and monetary policies is necessary for the United States to achieve a V-shaped recovery."
                  To the moon!

This time next year I will be a millionaire...

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Fed pushing for negative interest rates.

Fed economists make the case for negative interest rates in the United States - CNN

To the moon!

This time next year I will be a millionaire...

A millionaire of what? Potatoes?
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      A millionaire of what? Potatoes?
                      Satoshi Lambos

Comment

Working...
                      X