• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Permie Offer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lucy
    Pity all that dosh doesn't make you beautiful SAS.
    You're wrong. Rich and good looking, that's me ....Sickening isn't it ...
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Goya
      I'm in a similar position with a permie offer in the offing.

I'm currently trying to work out what my contract is worth to compare. Does this look reasonable:

Day rate: £400
      Days worked per year: 230

Total Gross: 400 x 230 = £92000 (say 90k)

Guaranteed expenses:
      5400 (train ticket)
      1000 (accounting)
      600 (other)

90000 - 7000 = £83k

75-80% seems the going rate for take home of contract value:
      £62k (75%)
      £66k (80%)

So, now I just need to work out how much a permie wage needs to be to return a better take home. Anyone got a link to a permie calculator?
      According to Bob around 120k.

Here is the calc http://calculator.contractoruk.com/
      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Goya
        Anyone got a link to a permie calculator?
        http://payecalculator.inlandrevenue.gov.uk/PAYE0.aspx

Breaks in FF

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru

No, I've just heard that you are sickening

Comment

Just busy. Starting to act as if I have some work.

Actually the only beneficial thing about taking a salary at 100k is when you walk into the bank with three months worth of pay slips they'll give you a mortgage.

As a contractor it's hoop,hoop,hoop and because you take dividends etc they always take the net figure as opposed to the gross.

Never understood that.

Hey you took home 60k after tax etc, so well lend you 4 times that as opposed to permies. Oh 100k we'll lend you 5 times.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Did a few sums & I reckon I'd also need an offer of around £100k to make it worthwhile to go permie.

I'm quite happy with the type of work that's on offer for the permie role (similar to contract now), so it really comes down to the money.

Comment

Are such huge sums actually available, assuming you don't take some sort of management position and don't work in London?

Comment

Originally posted by theemeestroo
                  Are such huge sums actually available, assuming you don't take some sort of management position and don't work in London?
                  There aren't but people on this board are full of bovine excrement.
                  I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Please point me to the post where I said I was wonderful.

The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
                      that's a good example of what I was saying

Comment

Working...
                      X