• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh dear or fair play?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman

I may have a small mind,

Yes I like things filed away neatly
    And you call ME an automaton?

And Baggy........................
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

These people are looters and looters get shot!

Then again, I might just pop down on the weekend and see what I can score!

Mailman

Comment

looks like the police have had enough

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/6290887.stm

"From what I witnessed it was clear that there was no intent to store safely or record goods with the appropriate authorities, as such we will be utilising legislation available to prevent people removing more goods and if necessary using the law to prosecute people through the courts."
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy
          Thieves my @rse! These people are just individually exercising their right to claim salvage in exactly the same way the salvage company intends to. Obviously it is reprehensible that some @rseholes have chosen to trash the odd bit of personal property that has been washed up, but that fact does not alter the rights of the vast majority of people that have chosen to recycle these goods quite legally.
          As for the environmental aspects, the blame there lies squarely with the salvage company that chose to beach the vessel in Lyme Bay rather than pulling into Falmouth, presumably with at least the tacit approval of the authorities. People down here pay the highest water rates in the country (I pay more than £1K a year ffs!), and the reason is always put down to all the miles of coastline that have to be maintained. Taking that into consideration it is a bit rich of the authorities to try and prevent them from exercising their legal right to peacefully beachcomb. Another of our rights that will be whipped away amidst a smokescreen of unbalanced, unjustified, hysterical, and disingenuous media reporting!! Grrrrr!!

P.S. Anyone want to buy some slightly salty nappies or a motor bike?
          Im with SB on this one - finders keppers and all that.

PS should you come accross any Polo equipment do let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
            Im with SB on this one - finders keppers and all that.

PS should you come accross any Polo equipment do let me know.
            It's not your stuff in the containers is it.
            It could be finders keepers, but they have to play by the rules.
            I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
            Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Nothing better than vultures, is not like they don't know where it has come from.
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
              X