• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Denmark

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Denmark

I have always been told that Scandanavian countries have the highest standard of living in the world

If the measurable standard of living is higher then life should be better?

Apparently not. Granted this might be a bunch of disgruntled expats having a go, but it does seem like a form of insidious totalitarianism.

http://www.skovgaard.org/europe/denmark.htm

Have a read and see what you think?

Awaiting threadeds comments with interest
    There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Bitter and twisted people write all sorts of crap on the web. Which is why Janteloven + Fiddly works so well for me in Denmark. One just has to understand the Scandinavian mindset.

Also the tax is actually lower for me in Denmark than it would be in the UK.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Well, you've got threaded's comment..yep, people write all sorts of disgruntled things on the web.

From experience though I still find the Scandinavian countries to be somewhat better overall...then again, if the part about the "Denmark Wall" is true then it wouldn't surprise. The number of countries in the EU which seem to "predjudice the rights" of people from other EU states seems to be a consistent theme. Certainly if you bother to wade through the ECJ's rulings...

Comment

This "predjudice the rights" thing is, I believe, more to do with each country covering what they've signed up for in the way of EU treaties from their own people, and then giving a gallic shrug "Oh it's the EU that is making us do this not us politicians"

Comment

Threaded

I suppose Threaded is right in the way thats its about understanding the mindset.

To be fair in that article, the most vocal critics of Denmark are the Yanks and I suppose the mindsets are polar opposites.

Ok then so its not perfect( Nowhere is), but is it better?
          There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Not really better or worse, just different. It's the little things I prefer, for example when I go into a shop I can speak English and be understood, which I find is increasingly rare in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
              Not really better or worse, just different. It's the little things I prefer, for example when I go into a shop I can speak English and be understood, which I find is increasingly rare in the UK.
              And they have topless crumpet instead of policemen enforcing the speed limits.

Comment

Yeah, reminds me that Bent Hansen sent me an SMS this morning: Jeg så en firkløver, men jeg tog den ikke, for når jeg har dig som ven, er der med garanti en anden, der har mere brug for den..

Comment

Working...
                X