• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House prices DOOM

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

House prices DOOM

“ More than £30,000 will be wiped off the average value of a UK home by the coronavirus crisis as the property market is brought to a standstill and incomes fall, the Centre for Economics and Business Research (CEBR) has warned.

Its economists predicted that prices will tumble by 13pc by the end of 2020 as transactions dwindle and home buyers are hit by a deep recession. A slump that deep would push the average house price to the brink of falling below £200,000.”

House prices set to slump GBP30,000 in frozen market

How could most people afford to buy even in good times?

Hello up there....

I'm waiting down here with cash for some lovely foreclosures & bankrupt BTL landlords.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Hello up there....

I'm waiting down here with cash for some lovely foreclosures & bankrupt BTL landlords.
      Scoots, you and I have shared the same career trajectory in many regards - house in STA et al, but this kind of post does make you look like a predatory dick.

Swoop in an buy an asset that people are going to struggle to pay rent on. Bravo Scoots.

Comment

CEBR have been predicting a crash for over a decade

House prices won't go anywhere unless interest rates rise.. which won't happen thanks to globalisation and outsourcing.

If there's any sign of the bubble being burst you can guarantee the Government will step in and fiddle with the system. Help to buy..interest payments, mortgage holidays blah blah

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
          Scoots, you and I have shared the same career trajectory in many regards - house in STA et al, but this kind of post does make you look like a predatory dick.

Swoop in an buy an asset that people are going to struggle to pay rent on. Bravo Scoots.

Am I supposed to feel sorry for people who overexposed themselves and acquired huge debts above what their income could manage? That's not how capitalism works.

Do you still live in STA?
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Am I supposed to feel sorry for people who overexposed themselves and acquired huge debts above what their income could manage? That's not how capitalism works.

Do you still live in STA?
            Yes. They were misinformed and had less working capital than you and I, however possibly as greedy. I do not worry about them as much as the first opportunity for people to enter the property market being tested by already wealthy investors buying on the cheap.

I own a waterfront estate in Assenhausen. I even have one of the coveted motorboat licenses. Imagine that.

Comment

Originally posted by SeededLoaf View Post
              CEBR have been predicting a crash for over a decade

House prices won't go anywhere unless interest rates rise.. which won't happen thanks to globalisation and outsourcing.

If there's any sign of the bubble being burst you can guarantee the Government will step in and fiddle with the system. Help to buy..interest payments, mortgage holidays blah blah
              15-20% unemployment can do it

Comment

Yes. They were misinformed and had less working capital than you and I, however possibly as greedy. I do not worry about them as much as the first opportunity for people to enter the property market being tested by already wealthy investors buying on the cheap.

I own a waterfront estate in Assenhausen. I even have one of the coveted motorboat licenses. Imagine that.
                Yes younger folk were screwed, but they've got the gift of youth. They can outlive this and start fresh. I don't worry about them at all.

Do go sailing on the lake from time to time... Must pass your place!

Do I know you?

Comment

Yes younger folk were screwed, but they've got the gift of youth. They can outlive this and start fresh. I don't worry about them at all.

Do go sailing on the lake from time to time... Must pass your place!

Do I know you?
                  Don't be so sure.

We did meet once. FF Ring days - heydays of contracting. Viag > Eplus era.

From the water face the Bismarck tower and look to the left for the modern house with the garden sloping down to the lake. I turn a blind eye to the chicks sunbathing nude in the little bit of private road between the garden and the lake.

In fact I petitioned the Berg Statwhatever to open that road up to the public - but hey, how would the Siemens family travel from the Schloss Berg to home....

Comment

That won't come as a surprise to him or to anyone else on this forum.

Comment

Working...
                    X