• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Transport

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    A system that links car reg nums to times when they can travel, owners knowing that and obeying rules and harsh enforcement for those fooking about, expecially if they are young.

Having such systems beforehand would not have cost much
    Oh you mean the fact that the UK isn't some kind of 1984 style surveillance state where the concept of privacy is some quaint notion is now going to be our complete and utter undoing?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Oh you mean the fact that the UK isn't some kind of 1984 style surveillance state where the concept of privacy is some quaint notion is now going to be our complete and utter undoing?
      It is not 1984 to have sensible life saving protocols in case of pandemic or bioterrorism, lack of such cheap to implement protocols is fooking over this country now.

Comment

Erm, UK got more CCTV per capita than maybe even China, all motorway cams are (or can easily be if law permits) connected to automatic number plate recognition system.

Sensible thing would have been once a week shop in a car max - split days of week based on number plate to spread out people, any other driving out should be pre-registered - otherwise cops get you for curfew violations etc

Basically do whatever it fooking takes in emergency, let people whine about civil rights later, much later when virus is done for.

The alternative is far worse.
        I could get to at least different 4 supermarkets local to me without passing a camera.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
          I could get to at least different 4 supermarkets local to me without passing a camera.
          No CCTVs in either of those 4 supermarkets?

Comment

No CCTVs in either of those 4 supermarkets?
            I'm not sure if its different on your planet, but I don't take my car inside the actual supermarket.

Comment

I'm not sure if its different on your planet, but I don't take my car inside the actual supermarket.
              Well there is a simple solution for this too - card payments only, and card acceptance spread out by weekday based on name on the card - can be enforced by card acquirer.

Throw in some face recognition and we are sorteeeed.

See, all can be solved if there is a will.

Comment

Bet they have CCTV in the carpark

Comment

Well there is a simple solution for this too - card payments only, and card acceptance spread out by weekday based on name on the card - can be enforced by card acquirer.

And they can get you if you're wearing a mask, too

Even mask-wearers can be ID'd, China facial recognition firm says - Reuters

Comment

I've got access to around 5-6 different credit cards and am wearing a facemask and goggles.

I sometimes use the companion card from my wife's account. I sometimes use a debit card. Or Apple Pay, or Google Pay, or Garmin Pay, each of which can come off a different card, or directly from my bank account.

And, how does all this disparate card transaction information from multiple merchants now get to a central place to analyse?

Your simple solution is getting more expensive with every post

I do accept you could come up with a solution that could catch the 80+%, but its already a lot more complicated than "just use CCTV".
                    Last edited by Paralytic; 2 April 2020, 15:40.

Comment

I've got around 5 different credit cards and am wearing a facemark to protect me spreading germs. I sometimes use the companion card from my wife's account. I sometimes use a debit card. Or Apple Gap, or Google Pay, or Garmin Pay, each of which can come off a different card, or directly from my bank account.

Your "solution" is getting more expensive with every post But, I do accept you could come up with a solution that could catch the 80%.
                      Different names on cards?

Fingerprint scanners cheap enough to be in mobiles, no brainer to add them to Point of Sale terminals

Is it more expensive than chip and pin, or having economy shutdown for months because some a-holes keep violating sensible rules?
                      Last edited by AtW; 2 April 2020, 15:38.

Comment

Working...
                      X