• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coronavirus vs Natural Deaths

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
      Irrelevant - what is relevant is the NHS about to collapse (as per Italy) and the deaths becoming blindingly obvious (as per Italy).

You say that, but that is not what the NHS Chief Exec Simon Stevens is saying. How do you know more than him?
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Are you totally blind to what is happening in Italy?
        What none of us know, is how many of these people would have died anyway this year either of natural causes or Flu etc. As the article says (and is backed up by the experts) we don't know how many of these who died with Covid-19 in their system actually died of the virus, rather than their underlying illness.

Italy has the 2nd highest number of old age of any country in the world. As the older generation are most at risk, it's not that surprising that there are more deaths there than other countries.

How many people die at this time of year in Italy of Flu? How does that compare against this virus? What is the 'uplift'? We don't know any of this, so none of us KNOW the answer, but (as with the 2016 vote) we are all starting to get our entranched views and refuse to budge from this.

Panic is not healthy. Stay safe, be careful, but stop panicking!

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          You say that, but that is not what the NHS Chief Exec Simon Stevens is saying. How do you know more than him?

Comment

What none of us know, is how many of these people would have died anyway this year either of natural causes or Flu etc. As the article says (and is backed up by the experts) we don't know how many of these who died with Covid-19 in their system actually died of the virus, rather than their underlying illness.

Italy has the 2nd highest number of old age of any country in the world. As the older generation are most at risk, it's not that surprising that there are more deaths there than other countries.

How many people die at this time of year in Italy of Flu? How does that compare against this virus? What is the 'uplift'? We don't know any of this, so none of us KNOW the answer, but (as with the 2016 vote) we are all starting to get our entranched views and refuse to budge from this.

Panic is not healthy. Stay safe, be careful, but stop panicking!
            I’m not panicking - I’m being realistic - and listening what the doctors in Italy are saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              Generally, people who die of flu have chosen not to be vaccinated. I have have known a few people in their early 20s who died of flu.

Many people confuse flu with a cold, it is not the same.

I get vaccinated every year but I have no choice with Convid-19.

There will be flu deaths in addition to Convid-19 deaths.
              I had flu once, back in my late 20's ..... never again will I confuse a 'cold' with proper flu. I thought I was dying (but clearly I didn't!).

What we don't know, and again we won't know until the dust settles, is how many will die this year due to Flu (i.e. the current 8000) and if this number is lower because those who would have died of Flu actually die of this virus instead.

Comment

Everyone would die anyway, from this point of view there is nothing to worry about...

Comment

I’m not panicking - I’m being realistic - and listening what the doctors in Italy are saying.
                  We don't live in Italy. We live in the UK. Our society and social norms differ a lot to Italy.

Comment

We don't live in Italy. We live in the UK. Our society and social norms differ a lot to Italy.
                    Also - less ICUs per capita...

Comment

I'll in a flap and scared of my own shadow
                      So you nothing to offer? Fair enough.

When you do have something to offer that contradicts the NHS Chief Exec, do let me know

Comment

Working...
                      X