• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Coronavirus (Covid 19)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    If 99% got immunity it’s good enough, but better to achieve it via tested vaccine, just like flu people can get it more than once ...
    However, much like flu, which is still killing more worldwide than Covid-19, the virus is likely to mutate, so the vaccine won't be effective.

Comment

Originally posted by Jolie View Post
      However, much like flu, which is still killing more worldwide than Covid-19, the virus is likely to mutate, so the vaccine won't be effective.
      It's mutating more slowly than mumps or rubella. And the vaccines for those are still effective. Furthermore, although the symptoms feel flu like, it is not a flu virus, so the comparison is invalid.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

'I'm losing faith in the leadership': an NHS doctor's story | World news | The Guardian
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Whinger

Probably because people like me have 200 ffp3
          Masks for commuting in London

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Quotes from the article, 'I'm losing faith in the leadership': an NHS doctor's story.

"Have they given up? Are they just deciding to build up herd immunity by watching us die? The government has given up, hasn’t it?"

"I cannot understand why they have stopped testing and contract tracing, either. Hospital staff are being told we cannot be tested if our [own] symptoms are mild. This is unbelievable. If we’re not allowed to be tested, then how will we ever know how many other people – patients – we are infecting? Brilliant. What a brilliant plan."

As I stated in the OP, the answer to that latter quote, I believe is the attempt at building herd immunity; without enough knowledge on the virus or how our bodies will react to it.
            Last edited by AB1; 16 March 2020, 22:51.

Comment

Originally posted by AB1 View Post
              As I stated in the OP, the answer to that latter quote, I believe is the attempt at building herd immunity; without enough knowledge on the virus or how our bodies will react to it.
              [Tinfoil Hat On]
              Maybe the UK's reaction is more of a political / economic one rather than a humanitarian one. What groups are more at risk to the virus and which groups cost more to the NHS in social and health care? There is a correlation there. Along with that, this is a government that has advisers that believe in such lovely subjects as eugenics and survival of the fittest.
              [/Tinfoil Hat Off]
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Said every doctor everywhere in the UK for the last twenty years.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  [Tinfoil Hat On]
                  Maybe the UK's reaction is more of a political / economic one rather than a humanitarian one. What groups are more at risk to the virus and which groups cost more to the NHS in social and health care? There is a correlation there. Along with that, this is a government that has advisers that believe in such lovely subjects as eugenics and survival of the fittest.
                  [/Tinfoil Hat Off]
                  No tinfoil hat required

Official government policy

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    [Tinfoil Hat On]
                    Along with that, this is a government that has advisers that believe in such lovely subjects as eugenics and survival of the fittest.
                    [/Tinfoil Hat Off]
                    I do tend to notice those who don't believe in such things tend to be old and unfit.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
                      I do tend to notice those who don't believe in such things tend to be old and unfit.
                      So you are saying you believe in eugenics?
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X