• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Official Budget 2020 thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IRMe View Post
    Red Book is out:
    Budget 2020: documents - GOV.UK

IR35 reforms confirmed:
    Absolutely no surprise that Sunak kept out the nasty business of IR35 reforms and saved it for the red book which 99% of the general public at large won’t even bother looking at.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCountryContractor View Post
      Absolutely no surprise that Sunak kept out the nasty business of IR35 reforms and saved it for the red book which 99% of the general public at large won’t even bother looking at.
      It is a single paragraph saying it's going ahead..
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

As small business owners how much do we get out of this? I'll have every penny thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
          As small business owners how much do we get out of this? I'll have every penny thanks.
          As contractors? Almost nothing. Were actually getting punished instead...

Comment

Flat rate deduction for home working increasing by 50% to 6 quid per week. Weeee!

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
              Flat rate deduction for home working increasing by 50% to 6 quid per week. Weeee!
              Don't spend it all at once!

Comment

Originally posted by sira View Post
                As contractors? Almost nothing. Were actually getting punished instead...
                I heard 14 days of statutory sick pay, which apparently is a princely £94.25 a week!

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
                  I heard 14 days of statutory sick pay, which apparently is a princely £94.25 a week!
                  Does this apply to contractors though? The red book doesn't make it clear.

And can you use it if your on the bench?

Comment

Don't spend it all at once!
                    I'm going to spend most of it in the first week on wine gums, but will defer some to later in the year for Maltesers.

Comment

Does this apply to contractors though? The red book doesn't make it clear.

And can you use it if your on the bench?
                      Contractor? I'm a small business owner, the managing director! Aren't you?

To be honest the amount is so pathetic, I was earning more as a teenager in my first week of work decades ago.

Comment

Working...
                      X