• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just got engaged…

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot
    Went on holiday to tropical zanzibar with my partner came back with a fiancée

Those of you who have already made the plunge, tell me what dangers await me? I’m not prepared for this…
    Just make sure you have a prenup

May sound silly right now when you are both in love, but if it all goes down the pan in 10 years time it will save you a minor fortune and you will be very very glad you did it.

Comment

Women get totally p!ssed off after marriage because they expect the bloke to change and he doesn't

Men get totally p!ssed off after marriage because they expect the bird not to change and she does.

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Search this forum for Divorce - and that will open your eyes to the risks.

Seriously ... think carefully....

Comment

or think long term and get a membership of fathers4justice

Comment

...and you got to think about the whole baby thing....
            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco
              Just make sure you have a prenup

May sound silly right now when you are both in love, but if it all goes down the pan in 10 years time it will save you a minor fortune and you will be very very glad you did it.
              Does sound sensible - you never know - but how on earth do you work that one into conversation? Has anyone here got a prenup and how did you break the subject with your then fiancee?

Comment

I thought

AFAIK a prenup is not really cast in stone and the court could choose to disregard it in any settlement

This is just what I have heard but a more informed legal opinion is welcome.

As well as that , just to balance out the good and the bad, how many here have had uncontested divorces, where albeit emotionally painful the two involved parties come to the conclusion that separation is the best for everybody.

I know quite a few who have and my reason for bringing this up is we only really hear about the bad divorces and it would be good to counter that with anybodies experiences of amicable ones.

Mines was very painful emotionally but legally amicable, albeit I am not Rockefeller.
                There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

What happens at the marriage ceremony?

During the ceremony the bride is switched by a similar looking woman. When you get home because she sounds and look the same as your fiancé your mind tricks you in to believing she is the same. However the small tell tale signs that the woman you married is not the same as the one you knew before slowly shows through.

It cost Paul McCartney £6,000 per hour of marriage to find this out.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Did you not look behind the neck, just under the hairline, for the small implant? Scary when you first see it...
                    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

hmmm

congrats...i got engaged recently too....we've been going out for 7 years....
                      I feel as though I know her well, and don't think we'll change after the marriage, despite what a LOT of people have told me.....

I just hope I don't become bitter and disecnchanted like a lot of people here are. Not having a go at them, but if what they say is true, then they would be bitter, etc.....

I feel that my gf is different, we went to look at rings, and she didn't pressure me to buy the most expensive one, infact she said she would be happy with a 0.5 carat one.....

more to the point, i am hoping my marriage is a happy and permanent one.....

another thing which i think my relationship is different to others, is that ours have had some much resistance.....my family - parents being racists to white people.....her parents with me being chinese, and not wealthy enough.....and being a moody git too....

having gone through a lot, I fell confident about our future...

anyway, all the best with your engagement....

Comment

Working...
                      X