• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone lived on St Kilda

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone lived on St Kilda

I have, three years from 1977

you call this wind ? pah

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Not quite, although I did evolve extra large wellies to go after the sheep.

It was 110 -120 mph winds for over half the year. Buffeting, like changing direction in a millisecond. Men were men in those days, and the sheeps were frightened

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Yes isnt St Kilda the home of The Fulmar not to mention The Shag ?

And yes - the Shag is the name of a bird - ornithologically speaking.

Mind you - I did live in the Shetland Islands circa 1980 for one year - great for bird watching.
      Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 23 January 2007, 14:32.

Comment

[QUOTE=EternalOptimist]Not quite, although I did evolve extra large wellies to go after the sheep.

It was 110 -120 mph winds for over half the year. Buffeting, like changing direction in a millisecond. Men were men in those days, and the sheeps were frightened

Say it right! "What happened to the days when men were men and sheep were afraid?"
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were real men, women were real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Remarkably enough I was listening to a batch of old records retrieved from the Pruffocks Mansions basement - and lo and behold a Tangerine dream record - Alpha Centauri.

Even looking at the album cover is enough to make one feel stoned - Im sure that there is now some kind of legistlation prohibiting it.

In days of yore such a post would elicit an immediate response from our in-house musical reviewer Fleet - Alas !

Fleet is seldom to be heard ...

Another afternoon - gone forever !
            What is called for ?
            A Whip ?
            Pills ?
            Prayer ?
            Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 23 January 2007, 15:23.

Comment

What ever happened to OHBC news?

It would go ‘This is the Outer Hebrides broadcasting corporation calling civilization,
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
              X