• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's the worst place you've ever worked

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Back In Business
    Hertford - got put up in the Quality Hotel whcih could easily be renamed tulipe Jail.

Oooh talking of bad hotels, I've just remembered my stay at the Norbreck Hotel in Blackpool
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
      Oooh talking of bad hotels, I've just remembered my stay at the Norbreck Hotel in Blackpool
      Sounds charming

Comment

One client, a US firm used to put me up at the Kensington Hilton (including flights from Glasgow), all expenses as well. Guess they're not used to hiring contractors.
        Me, me, me...

Comment

Teweksbury - sounds very nice, but there's nothing there !!

Comment

Originally posted by Back In Business
            Sounds charming

You have no idea: -

- the whole place stunk of poo
            - my room had no windows, a tele with no signal....oh and lets no forget the pubes in the sink
            - it was a pensioners holiday retreat - coach loads of them every day
            - the restaraunt was an eat all you want buffet. I couldn't recognise ANY of the meats, and the pensioners all poked their fingers in the deserts.
            - evening entertainment of really really really bad caberet! Every fecking night!!!

They were 2 long weeks I can tell you!
            The pope is a tard.

Comment

You have no idea: -

- the whole place stunk of poo
              - my room had no windows, a tele with no signal....oh and lets no forget the pubes in the sink
              - the restaraunt was an eat all you want buffet. I couldn't recognise ANY of the meats, and the pensioners all poked their fingers in the deserts.
              - evening entertainment of really really really bad caberet! Every fecking night!!!

They were 2 long weeks I can tell you!
              And you're going to Bellshill!!!!
              Me, me, me...

Comment

but did you get to ride the Big One

Comment

Old people on holiday
                  I got caught behind a whole aeroplane full of 'em one Sunday morning coming back to the UK. Only one muppet on the counter. Each one had to hunt through their baggage to find their passports when the got to the counter too as it came as a surprise that they had to show it.

Took me ages to enter the country

Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Croydon - although Aldgate ran it a close second - if you want to see what England will look like in 10years pay it a lunchtime visit
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Lotus Cars. Wymondham, Norfolk.

Plus met the biggest ***** of a contractor and another ***** of a work colleague.
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X