• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The End Of Reality TV

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relative

Originally posted by SandyDown
    NO I am right me dear I know this cuz am a foreigner myself and it happens all the time !!!
    Sandy in my experience you will be treated differently as a foreigner wherever you go. I have found of many places, the UK is more tolerant than most.

If you dont like being treated like a foreigner than go home.

Racism and prejudice exist in every society and to single out the English is unfair and inaccurate. If you want to play victim that is your choice otherwise just give the foreigner jibes right back.

Sunny "Foreigner" San
    There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Originally posted by sunnysan
      Sandy in my experience you will be treated differently as a foreigner wherever you go. I have found of many places, the UK is more tolerant than most.

If you dont like being treated like a foreigner than go home.

Racism and prejudice exist in every society and to single out the English is unfair and inaccurate. If you want to play victim that is your choice otherwise just give the foreigner jibes right back.

Sunny "Foreigner" San

Sunny - you are right, however this thread is about what was hapenning in the BB house, and the way it reflects this society which is made out of English pple versus a foreigner !!! it seems most people are trying to deny any racisim is hapening, but as you said it is happening here and in most societies, and just because someone else in a different society is committing a mistake and being racist this does not justify that this society to be racist ..two wrongs do not make a right (hope you know what I mean)..anyway unfortunately am very busy today and can't answer all your replies, but if you are denying the racisim then I suggest you read this forum and judge for yourself...

Comment

Apparently muslims are in the streets of Karachi setting fire to pictures of the C4 top-brass because they didn't insult a muslim on Big Brother!

Comment

Sunny - you are right, however this thread is about what was hapenning in the BB house, and the way it reflects this society which is made out of English pple versus a foreigner !!! it seems most people are trying to deny any racisim is hapening, but as you said it is happening here and in most societies, and just because someone else in a different society is committing a mistake and being racist this does not justify that this society to be racist ..two wrongs do not make a right (hope you know what I mean)..anyway unfortunately am very busy today and can't answer all your replies, but if you are denying the racisim then I suggest you read this forum and judge for yourself...
          What was the incidence of racism? As I understand it the lady in question was called 'the Indian' because someone with more teeth than braincells couldn't pronounce or remember her name. Would it be called racism if she had been welsh and they'd called her 'the welsh girl'? There was also a comment about her eating with her hands but I believe that was a question of whether or not eating with your hands is part of Indian culture. I also understand that the woman in question has made no complaint. Germaine (?) Jackson has also called another inmate 'white trash' yet this has not provoked an adverse reaction.

These cries of 'racism' have fuelled violence and threats of violence and the do-gooders in this country should realise what implications their political correctness has on the rest of the population.

Comment

Originally posted by John Galt
            What was the incidence of racism? ... There was also a comment about her eating with her hands but I believe that was a question of whether or not eating with your hands is part of Indian culture.
            wrong!
            On Monday night's episode, former S Club 7 star O'Meara reportedly suggested that Indians were thin because they were always ill as a result of undercooking their food.

The trio also complained that Shetty had touched other housemates' food with her hands (while cooking -- expat).

"You don't know where those hands have been," said former beauty queen Lloyd.

Comment

Shilpa Shetty

All I can say is, I would.

Nuff said!

Comment

Originally Posted by John Galt
                What was the incidence of racism? ... There was also a comment about her eating with her hands but I believe that was a question of whether or not eating with your hands is part of Indian culture.

I bet Jade lifts the Mcburger with her tits.

Comment

I dont see anything racist in the incedents reported, stupid and crass but not racist. The fact they are picking on a person of Indian origin has yet to proved to have a racist motive, they may just be picking on her because they feel threatened not because of her ethnicity.
                  The only overtly racist comment I have seen from the house came from Germaine Jackson who seems to think it is OK (as do the rest of the world apparently) to racially abuse white folks.
                  If they are racist then they have been remarkably restrained with the coloured gentleman and the Brazilian lady (though she is white).
                  The only racist statement I have seen on this forum has come from PantiesDown when she racially stereotyped the English as racist bigots, oh sorry, and one from expat when he said English and stupid meant the same thing.
                  I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                  Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

WTF is Big Brother?
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Exactly

Sandy you missed my point. You came out and stated that English people are racist. I countered that by saying that England could possibly be one of the most tolerant places in the world.

Prejudice, bitchiness and ignorance are not racism. If you want racism against foreigners go to a place like Russia where Asian students are regularly attcked in public places becuase they are foreign and dark. Thats racism.
                      There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Working...
                      X