• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Flying and the coronavirus infection

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was this thread started by an idiot? I could tell because of the rubbish AndyW option....

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
      All flights should be grounded globally to prevent further spread. It's borderline negligence to allow them to ocntinue.
      MTFU, snowflake.

The mortality rate is 2%. You have more chance getting run over, Flu, or contracting MRSA in a hospital than of contracting, and dying from, this virus.
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
        More like putting money before health. I bet the elite are safely in the mansions watching it play out hoping some of the plebs survive to bring them their food. In the meantime living off their land on pheasants and other game.

Some of us may also be doing that, if they spent their contracting income wisely and didn't spunk it on fast cars, faster women (or men, there are some on here that prefer 'the cock', as that geordie sally gal used to say, oh for the good old days when three letter acronyms went beyond AtW and his squirrel fetish ), and buying experiences over assets.
        Probably sadly true. But grounded flights globally would cheer Greta up too.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

More like putting money before health. I bet the elite are safely in the mansions watching it play out hoping some of the plebs survive to bring them their food. In the meantime living off their land on pheasants and other game.

Some of us may also be doing that, if they spent their contracting income wisely and didn't spunk it on fast cars, faster women (or men, there are some on here that prefer 'the cock', as that geordie sally gal used to say, oh for the good old days when three letter acronyms went beyond AtW and his squirrel fetish ), and buying experiences over assets.

Edit: Talking of geordies, first two cases in UK are now in Newcastle, though apparently taken there overnight so no word on where the virus may be spreading in the meantime if the sufferers originated elsewhere in the UK.
          With the irony being that they catch it off the illegal immigrant they smuggled in to do their housework

Comment

Done my homework. Seemingly there's more chance of catching with a mask than without. Cause you're always putting your hands up to your face.

Best think you can do is wash your hands plenty and often.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
              MTFU, snowflake.

The mortality rate is 2%. You have more chance getting run over, Flu, or contracting MRSA in a hospital than of contracting, and dying from, this virus.
              It's not so much the dying but the torture along the way. You may get pneumonia and recover after days of feeling like you're drowning.

Coronavirus: What it does to the body

Then there's the issue with other illnesses being downgraded in urgency if this kicks off proper and all the hospitals are swamped with genuine or hypochondriac cases. Not enough trained staff to cope.

Now isn't a good time to be seriously ill and it will be an even worse time if it hits hard in the coming weeks.

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              With the irony being that they catch it off the illegal immigrant they smuggled in to do their housework
              Karma takes every opportunity and with this situation there are plenty.
              Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

It's not so much the dying but the torture along the way. You may get pneumonia and recover after days of feeling like you're drowning.

Coronavirus: What it does to the body

Then there's the issue with other illnesses being downgraded in urgency if this kicks off proper and all the hospitals are swamped with genuine or hypochondriac cases. Not enough trained staff to cope.

Now isn't a good time to be seriously ill and it will be an even worse time if it hits hard in the coming weeks.
                With a world population at 7bn, we could do with a bit of thinning out. Wouldn't be a bad thing for the planet if we lost of few million.

Comment

With a world population at 7bn, we could do with a bit of thinning out. Wouldn't be a bad thing for the planet if we lost of few million.
                  But we only want the right sort to die off

Comment

Comment

Quite

Comment

Working...