• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Currently Listening To.........

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"What is Tubular Bells II"

Rubbish!

Mike Oldfield cashing in
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I quite liked it. Nothing like TB, a bit harder and edgier IMHO. More of a conventional album arrangement with 14 tracks rather than TB's 2, one on each side.

Trivia: The late, great, and monumentally strange, Vivian Stanshall played the part of the Master of Ceremonies on the first Tubular Bells. This part was played by Alan Rickman under the name of "A Strolling Player" on TB2.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Currently listening to Dadrock FM (dunno the station name but we've just had Steppenwolf, Chris Rea and Emerson Lake and Palmer).

I keep expecting to hear 'Remember, this collection is not available in the shops - call TimeLife Music now and received a free CD - 'The Best of Sade''.

Hevra

Comment

a good idea - sugar

i'd forgotten how good it is

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
            "What is Tubular Bells II"

Rubbish!

Mike Oldfield cashing in
            Once saw a music documentary - forget the thrust of it - but Mike Oldfield/Tubular Bells was mentioned.

He came across as a tight fisted paranoid git.

Comment

Big Country - Through A Big Country

Wished I appreciated them more and got a chance to see them before Stuart Adamson killed himself.

Comment

i think i did see them once... i forget where. maybe it was glastonbury? then again, maybe i just made it all up.

Comment

little red robin hood hit the road - robert wyatt from the wonderful rock bottom.

wyatting - a new verb apparently

Comment

Dome Patrol - The Cutting Edge.

(yes, it's on shuffle)

Comment

Love - The Beatles. Wish they'd "clean up" all of their albums as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X