• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A Ukrainian Boeing-737 crashes killing all onboard

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    At a guess, I would suggest that it's because they don't get their arse handed to them on a plate quite as often as you do.
    And that, my friend, is a classic example of projection.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Bloody EU - with their oppressive 'elf and safety regs, innit.
      In our glorious future we should be able to specify that a plane DOESN'T have to take off with only one engine, innit?
      Exactly. So what if the glue is still drying. Casual dress code for our pilots. Life jackets, pah! What good will that do you flying into a mountain at 500mph? But don’t worry, when archeologists find you in 500 years they’ll think there was a River here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
        Is my guess and for some reason the bleed valves didn't dissipate the internal pressure in time, therefore the bits of superheated tungsten from the turbine would have cut through the casing on all sides. TO and CLMB are when the engine is under the most pressure. A recent example was the Quantas A380, they were in a cruise so got away with it.
        Exactly. The failure actually occurs on the previous flight cycle and only becomes an event on the next.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

And that, my friend, is a classic example of projection.
          You're no friend of mine, you're too stupid - not thick, or dumb, you're stupid.
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
            You're no friend of mine, you're too stupid - not thick, or dumb, you're stupid.
            Your low IQ is probably the reason you took the phrase "my friend" literally.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Your low IQ is probably the reason you took the phrase "my friend" literally.
              Wrong, it's because I think you're a twunt without a single saving grace. The reason I think you're stupid is because you never know when to ignore a post, even when you're completely out of your depth.
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Rather burnt engine
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

This thread derailed rather quickly I see.

The Financial Times closed comments on the story quickly, due to trolls spreading misinformation and conspiracy theories.

The most recommended comment is worth copying and pasting here, as it is a crucial reminder to remember that triple figures have lost their lives and deserve a thorough investigation by professionals, not internet forum personalities and troll factories:

"I am appalled to see some of the comments below, on the FT of all places.
                  "Alright mate.... I know naff all about planes or general aviation mechanics BUT I reckon: _______"

I don't give a hoot what any of you 'reckon' and so you, like a good amateur dramatist, should wait until investigation has at least occurred. The majority of passengers were Iranian and even though mentioned as Canadian are dual-nationals and of Iranian heritage. Given the damage and passenger nationalities this does indeed appear a sad accident indeed. However don't listen to your imaginings nor mine; have patience and wait for the reports.

The FT needs to get into 2020 with thorough moderation comments section in which random usernames spread suspiciously aggressive scorn, such as "It's obvious Iran fires a missile at this plane."

Aye right mate, get back to the day job!"

Someone replies:
                  "How would you presume some of us are not qualified? I've been in the aviation & defence industry for 42 years. Flown Capt Airbus, Boeing & more. I live in the Middle East."

Comment author responds:
                  "I've driven cars for nearly forty years but don't consider myself suitable to conduct police car crash investigations into complex incidents requiring expert analyses and rigorous procedure.

If you are the logical type then I'm sure you'll similarly agree that there is no correlation between the two; I've flown too and I really hate amateur investigators' indifference to the professional aircraft crash investigation.

As I read your comment I see arrogance and the mention of qualities that don't help me understand why you think you'll know better or even have any clue as to the truth of this accident/incident versus a true crash investigation team. It smacks of arrogance and an undeserved elevated status, as can be seen throughout this comments section."

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    How the F* did sh** Bellingcat get a reputation to have an authoritative voice?
                    MH17, Salisbury, etc

Comment

See that rectangular hole in the HPCT casing? The HPCT sits right behind the combustor. The casing appears bent outward around the hole.

If this accident amounts to a high energy debris release on such a new engine with few flight cycles, then we have ourselves an infant mortality event, which would suggest there are other engines out there with the same flaw.

This is a CFM engine. CFM International is a joint venture between GE Aviation and Safran Aircraft Engines.

Here's a image with more resolution, casing clearly deformed in the outward direction.

Last edited by scooterscot; 9 January 2020, 09:33.

Comment

Working...
                      X