• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boycott Cyprus?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Girl makes false claim and ruins the lives of innocent guys, now she is held to account and people should boycott Cyprus for that? WTF?
    Слава Україні! Героям слава!

Comment

Originally posted by MasterBait View Post
      Girl makes false claim and ruins the lives of innocent guys, now she is held to account and people should boycott Cyprus for that? WTF?
      I know the girl's mum well and have met the victim a few times. She is not a psycho and has no history of making lies like this up. Her statement was retracted after hours of police bullying and she was denied a lawyer, the police ignored evidence at the site and did not take things like her being covered in bruises into account.. They had no interest in a fair trial or anything close to it.

I would estimate the odds of these claims being false as pretty close to zero.
      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by Chriss1964 View Post
        My Daughter and her mates were in Aya Napa on a post A Level "Holiday" when this happened.

They were only there for a week and basically after a couple of days they realised what a mistake they had made going there.

Basically they felt unsafe pretty much all the time while in the town.

She phoned me on the 3rd day asking me to sort flights to get them home, which I would have done if there were any flights available.

They eventually spent the final 4 days of the Holiday in the hotel they were staying in.

It was a good learning experience for her and her mates but there is something fundamentally wrong there. The locals are rinsing the youngsters that go there, protections are minimal, the assumptions being that anyone there is fair game.

My feeling is that the girl involved is telling the truth, but she probably went along to some degree at the outset.

Horrible horrible place, and our government should be getting the girl home.
        But surely you could add Magaluf, Kavos, Laganas, etc etc etc to the list of places like this?
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
          But surely you could add Magaluf, Kavos, Laganas, etc etc etc to the list of places like this?
          And Blackpool

Comment

A British teenager has been given a four-month suspended sentence after being found guilty of lying about gang-rape in Cyprus.

Hopefully she will continue her Appel and not be tempted to sell her story to Netflix/newspaper this week

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Prick.

Unfortunately I think this girl has called wolf and the whole MeToo band have got behind her. She accused 12 men of rape, which it was quite obvious was not 12, and looked like a gangbang which she was upset about. Not ideal.
              Prick.

I bet you're the kind of bloke who thinks if a girl wears a short skirt, and is then attacked, she was asking for it. You are scum pal.
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
                I know the girl's mum well and have met the victim a few times. She is not a psycho and has no history of making lies like this up. Her statement was retracted after hours of police bullying and she was denied a lawyer, the police ignored evidence at the site and did not take things like her being covered in bruises into account.. They had no interest in a fair trial or anything close to it.

I would estimate the odds of these claims being false as pretty close to zero.
                The girl is guilty and convicted, no matter if you know the mum or not she's a lying b*tch

Comment

The girl is guilty and convicted, no matter if you know the mum or not she's a lying b*tch
                  And you know she's lying how? The whole process was flawed.

Prick.
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    And you know she's lying how? The whole process was flawed.

Prick.
                    The British press has been extremely biased, white privileged girl blah blah blah and has been reporting it as if the girl was innocent. If she was Asian or black no one would have given a f@king sh!t. Read the foreign press and you get the full picture.

Comment

The British press has been extremely biased, white privileged girl blah blah blah and has been reporting it as if the girl was innocent. If she was Asian or black no one would have given a f@king sh!t. Read the foreign press and you get the full picture.
                      That's the way to win over your audience!

How come it took you so long to let it rip?
                      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                      X