• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract market in Switz/Nederlands more active than in UK????

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Francko

What happened to the contract market in UK??????
    They all went permie, poofs the lot of them.

Comment

Originally posted by bobhope
      There are a few (especially at the multinational banks) but not on the same scale as in the UK - i.e. visas aren't handed out like sweeties. It can be difficult enough for Aussies / Americans to work there, never mind other nationalities.
      For EU citizens there are now no restrictions, in other words any company can recruit from the EU, and the work permit is automatic. In the past there were quotas.

I've spoken to plenty of Indians here, who are working for all sorts of companies. Its no harder for an Indian than it is for an American, and especially if its a temporary contract restricted for a few weeks.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
      X