• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My ClientCo Just Blanketed Everyone Inside

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still want to vote Tories?? Sit back and watch the entire IT workforce decimated because the Tory party is being lobbied hard by the indian IT companies Infosys, Wipro etc. Tory cabinet minister is married to Infosys founder's daughter. Should give you all indication of what will happen if BJ gets in again.
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
      Still want to vote Tories?? Sit back and watch the entire IT workforce decimated because the Tory party is being lobbied hard by the indian IT companies .
      Maybe there is lobbying ; maybe there isn't. I suspect you don't have any actual evidence.

By contrast the Indian Government has been very open in saying as soon as we are out of the protection of the EU and start begging for a trade deal, they'll laugh in our faces unless we let them send half the population of India here. Vote Brexit and you'll probably have to learn Gujarati to get a job.
      "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
        Still want to vote Tories?? Sit back and watch the entire IT workforce decimated because the Tory party is being lobbied hard by the indian IT companies Infosys, Wipro etc. Tory cabinet minister is married to Infosys founder's daughter. Should give you all indication of what will happen if BJ gets in again.
        No point working in a Corbyn world where everything is freee
        "why ride a vespa when you can push a lambretta?"

As I look ahead, I am filled with foreboding; like the Roman, I seem to see "the River Tiber foaming with much blood."

Comment

The Oude Joris Max 120 pension trustee loan structure is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by mattfx View Post
            Another blow for us contractors and another win for Accenture, Cognizant, IBM, Delloite, etc.... My clientco (30,000+ people, FTSE:100) has just blanketed all their UK contractors inside. Their statement was along the lines of... "Following on from the reaction of companies such as Barclays, Morgan Stanley and GSK, we have decided to blindly follow suit." I'd not give to much of a tulip but, they renewed my contract until March 30th on November 1st and I turned down two interviews once I'd got the extension paperwork.

The choice we are now left with is go inside or go within the next few weeks. Oh, and they won't be increasing rates, either. They suggest "negotiating with your recruitment consultant".

They have said scopes of work for engagements will be allowed but I very much doubt they'll engage with anyone's ltd. directly.

No status determination sheet, no CEST evaluation, nothing. I'd ask for one, but knowing what they're like they will just tow the company line anyway.

Happy Friday.
            Name and shame please

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
              All the agencies who have contacted me about work recently have said the same, inside IR35 and via a brolly. Still better off than being permie, just not as good as it was.
              Don't think you'll be saying that after 3 months of couchsurfing in the arse end of nowhere because you can't expense a nice hotel anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                All the agencies who have contacted me about work recently have said the same, inside IR35 and via a brolly. Still better off than being permie, just not as good as it was.
                Except it is not better off by much at all.

Big fat free pension...yep
                Paid for sickness, including visits to opticians, dentists, doctor and hospital appointments...yep
                30 days paid holiday, plus 8 days bank holiday....yep
                Top level medical coverage for all family included....yep
                Free offsite training (for me about 3 weeks per year so far)....yep

The list goes on.

Enjoy being a permie without the benefits or long term job security!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Except it is not better off by much at all.

Big fat free pension...yep
                  Paid for sickness, including visits to opticians, dentists, doctor and hospital appointments...yep
                  30 days paid holiday, plus 8 days bank holiday....yep
                  Top level medical coverage for all family included....yep
                  Free offsite training (for me about 3 weeks per year so far)....yep

The list goes on.

Enjoy being a permie without the benefits or long term job security!
                  Cold warehouse in Swindon to chow down your Adda Smartprice sausage roll... yep

Comment

Originally posted by mattfx View Post

No status determination sheet, no CEST evaluation, nothing. I'd ask for one, but knowing what they're like they will just tow the company line anyway.
                    If they determine you inside, they have to give you the determination.

Are you sure it's not just a policy change to no longer engaged with PSCs?

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
                      If they determine you inside, they have to give you the determination.

Are you sure it's not just a policy change to no longer engaged with PSCs?
                      Agreed - one can argue with a determination, one cannot argue with a policy change.

Comment

Working...
                      X