• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Women in IT

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru
    Being a rear-echelon potato-peeler like you could equally well have been done by a woman, SB.

Comment

I spent nearly all of the last 11 years with women as bosses. Either I do girlie work, or it's a coincidence, or they just like managing me.

But they've been as right as rain for the most part.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
        Well thats you at the top of the "CUK Most Shaggable" list
        Come on i know i must be in the top 5 somewhere...start a poll...

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown
          Excactly - Most clients give me a role instead of a man not because my IT knowledge is better than them, its because I demonestate my awarenes of client and user relation - ability to convince others to give me their time and ability to gain sign off & buy ins from other stakeholders /project sponsors.... clients know they can get cheap indian techies for nothing, but client awareness and management is something that they can't find in most men applicants

I think you'll find it's because you have t1ts. This in turn allows you to more easily 'gain sign off & buy ins' but don't start believing it has anything to do with your super powers of 'client awareness and management'.

It's the ones that get the gig because they have t1ts but don't realise this that cause problems. Don't start messing with things you don't understand love, just sit there and look nice, theres a good girl. We'll give you a call if we want you in a meeting to encourage other attendees or if a client comes calling that needs sweet talking. In the meantime file your nails or something sweetie, just please don't try and do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
            I spent nearly all of the last 11 years with women as bosses. Either I do girlie work, or it's a coincidence, or they just like managing me.

But they've been as right as rain for the most part.
            Of course women are supposed to prefer to have men working for them rather tham women. Men are easier to manipulate...

Comment

Originally posted by el duder
              Come on i know i must be in the top 5 somewhere...start a poll...

Weren't you around for the last poll? All that happenned was that veryone logged in as women and voted for themselves! ATW had 11 votes
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

Weren't you around for the last poll? All that happenned was that veryone logged in as women and voted for themselves! ATW had 11 votes

I've been on a break. When i used rule the threads round here, in the peak of my best days as a contractor there was not one single women on this board. About 2years ago now.

only the ones who pretended to be women like bloody Wendigo.

Comment

Originally posted by andrew_neil_uk
                  Of course women are supposed to prefer to have men working for them rather tham women. Men are easier to manipulate...
                  That's interesting - I don't remember fancying any of them. There must be a psychological reason for that.

Comment

comne on though you can admit it, i know you have a thing for gingers....

Comment

Originally posted by el duder
                      only the ones who pretended to be women like bloody Wendigo.
                      Hold on, I've never pretended to be a woman!

Comment

Working...
                      X