• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MPs call for action on banks, Big Tech to avoid IT failures

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can we move this thread to the IR35 forum
    Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Originally posted by portseven View Post
      Can we move this thread to the IR35 forum
      Why? It has nothing to do with IR35.
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        Why? It has nothing to do with IR35.
        Yet
        "why ride a vespa when you can push a lambretta?"

As I look ahead, I am filled with foreboding; like the Roman, I seem to see "the River Tiber foaming with much blood."

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
          It's even more "Smarties", Bob.
          Bob??? wtf?

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            It's going to the lowest bidder. And then to the next lowest bidder, to fix some of the mistakes from the first time. And then the next lowest...well, you get the idea.
            Agreed. I've been in some discussions with major UK financial institutions over the last few years about some projects and have put bids in, come back with it's too expensive and they've gone with the other supplier. The other supplier(s) have now come back to us as they don't have the necessary technological know-how and are having serious problems
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              Bob??? wtf?
              It was from a comedy sketch by the well known comedian and travelling minstrel Sir Billy Connolly where he takes the piss out of an Army Recruitment ad of the time.

"My name's Bob and I'm a born leader! I earn £40 a week! You can buy farsands of smarties for £40".
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                an Army Recruitment ad of the time.

"My name's Bob and I'm a born leader! I earn £40 a week! You can buy farsands of smarties for £40".
                And you fell for it?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  And you fell for it?
                  I was a bootie, not a tankee!
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                    feck me that's a lot of pizza's
                    Even at $12k each, that's a lot of pizzas!

Top Five Most Expensive Pizzas in The World - Haute Living

I can't see any self-respecting Glaswegian spending $4,200 on a pizza...

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      Even at $12k each, that's a lot of pizzas!

Top Five Most Expensive Pizzas in The World - Haute Living

I can't see any self-respecting Glaswegian spending $4,200 on a pizza...
                      No such animal.

Comment

Working...
                      X