• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My GF and downloading software.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SallyAnne
    Buy her a laptop of her own you cheap b*st*rd!
    She's spawned your love child AND puts up with you for gods sake!
    I adopted this approach with the wife - but now all I get is endless requests to "fix" her broken laptop
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
      I adopted this approach with the wife - but now all I get is endless requests to "fix" her broken laptop

But surely that gets you out of all the other house hold chores while you're doing it? Its a win win situation surely!
      The pope is a tard.

Comment

Exactly, setup dog-basic user account, tell her it's to stop virus installs etc. If she gets any problems you can check the software she is looking to install.
        Best of all though is to get her a laptop (they are cheap and you never know what to buy her for xmas etc) Put a clean build on and be ready to scrub it and reinstall as soon as it plays up/runs like a dog. She will soon get sick of having all her data scrubbed (bung her a usb key to store it on)
        Easy.

Comment

Originally posted by NoddY
          What about a virtual machine?
          Or a virtual girlfriend? Ask AtW for details.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            My favourite error message of all time... the oldies are always the best.
            Memory allocation error. Cannot allocate memory for error message.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
              But surely that gets you out of all the other house hold chores while you're doing it? Its a win win situation surely!
              I'd rather not add to the never ending list of chores that greet me on a Saturday morning...DIY, Car maintenance etc. and now computer support
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

cannot you not setup a restricted account on XP? This account would not have the ability to install software. Plus there are all sorts of policies you can set on her account - if you can manage trolling through all of them, its quite mind numbing.

I also have spyware blaster and spybot search & destroy to help prevent and remove any nasties.

Her own laptop is fine, until she downloads a worm which infects all your machines on the network.
                McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

I've just remembered one thing that put my ex off for a while: a Page3 wallpaper. Only worked for a bit though. She learnt how to make her apps or whatever I was previously running full screen to cover it up.
                  Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Working...
                  X