• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My GF and downloading software.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PRC1964
    Knock up a little app that pops up whenever she uses the internet that tells her that Friends is on E4.

She'll be off to watch "The episode when... (insert banal episode details here) in no time at all.
    You mean "The episode with...."

Comment

What about a virtual machine?

Comment

Install linux on a laptop and give her that. Or a mac. Password protect all other PCs in the house. Job done.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
          How can I block my other half from downloading and installing software on my machine.

Every day I come home to find another f-cking software application sitting in memory. This time it's software for a f-cking calender - why she couldnt have knocked it up in Excel I don't know.

Anyone any ideas?
          Get a new girlfriend?

Comment

Unplug keyboard from the PC. She'll never suss it out...
            Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Originally posted by Flubster
              But then you will get annoying phone calls all day telling you how tulip your machine is and what a waste of space you are....

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco
                But then you will get annoying phone calls all day telling you how tulip your machine is and what a waste of space you are....
                put the blue screen of death as a screen saver, and lock it!
                SA says;
                Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by Flubster
                  "Keyboard not present. Strike F1 to continue".

Comment

How can I block my other half from downloading and installing software on my machine.

Every day I come home to find another f-cking software application sitting in memory. This time it's software for a f-cking calender - why she couldnt have knocked it up in Excel I don't know.

Anyone any ideas?
                    You mean you have not set her up with a non-administrator account which does not allow the installation of software?

Comment

Anyone any ideas?
                      Buy her a laptop of her own you cheap b*st*rd!
                      She's spawned your love child AND puts up with you for gods sake!
                      The pope is a tard.

Comment

Working...
                      X