• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Britain is now completing the process of destroying its educational sector

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Indeed. Being the not very inneresting forum dullard is a skill only you possess.
    you clearly have different interests then, playing tiddly winks perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Hat1rmathA View Post
      Well, the primary reason we left UK more than three years ago is education and future prospect. Our son was going to prestigious private school in South London. What we saw is, English private schools prepare children to "fit in" for aristocratic society and using "connections" later placed at high positions. However, the school system makes children internally hollow, out of substance, full of propaganda of British state and completely out of touch in 21st century. Since we were outsiders and educated in a rigorous system ourselves, we could not underestimate the importance of 'rigor', respect for elders, discipline, sense of responsibility and so on. In addition, the gap of standards in Math, Science especially in Math it is enormous between best of best Private schools in UK and average Private school in Bangalore. We just brought India's standard math book for year 4 to my son's math teacher in one parent teacher meeting, the teacher was horrified and said it was child abuse. But on funnier side that was just standard school book, in India academically gifted children do advanced Math and Science from early age. If we would have brought advanced Math book in parent teacher meeting for Class IV, the headmaster would have called police "being ourselves bad parents".

We also experienced the schools are institutionally lazy. Forget about exams, in England there is not even any school books, there is a crazy idea of "lessen plan" where parents have no visibility.

We realized, it is complete waste of money (monthly 1200 quids) and quit the school/country and re-settled in Bangalore. We had our struggles with adjustment, but the advance of e-governance, online retail (in India there are numerous online retail companies like Flipkart, Snapdeal, Myntra etc unlike only Amazon in UK) and other services like affordable private health care etc, life is better in Bangalore than London.

Except traffic and pollution, in all other aspects, life in Bangalore city is better than London. And now take the future prospect, India is a rapidly growing economy. Bangalore is technology capital of India, there are R&D centers of various global firms, aerospace technology, AI, third fastest growing start-up hubs in the world, space research and so on. In 21st century, India is with the league of America and China far ahead of Britain.

Again, it is best decision leaving UK permanently.
      Yes, I guess we can all relate to some of your experiences. I met a "professor" in IT who didn't know what EBCDIC was. That's like a TV engineer not knowing that the USA uses a different protocol for colour TV and DVD's.

However, academic ability isn't always a guarantee of success in life. I have two good friends who left secondary education, not grammar school, without any qualifications at all. Both are millionaires. They clearly didn't use their academic abilities to achieve this.

I guess there are many professional footballers who might fall into this category.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        Your record as a legal pioneer speaks for itself.
        well, IPSE eventually conceded the point with Susan Winchester and this latest case they are supporting, even if they weren't magnanimous enough to admit so.

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
          well, IPSE eventually conceded the point with Susan Winchester and this latest case they are supporting, even if they weren't magnanimous enough to admit so.
          You did lose the case.

Comment

You did lose the case.
            yes, which is exactly what I set out to do. If a BOS with no ROS is declared not an employee of the client, then clearly that should have been of some benefit. The point I've always made, and will continue to make, is that the contracting community must use every means at its disposal to counter or at least neutralise IR35. If HMRC don't have their wings clipped, who knows what further Draconian measures we will be subject to. Remember Martin Niemöller, as I keep saying.

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
              yes, which is exactly what I set out to do. If a BOS with no ROS is declared not an employee of the client, then clearly that should have been of some benefit. The point I've always made, and will continue to make, is that the contracting community must use every means at its disposal to counter or at least neutralise IR35. If HMRC don't have their wings clipped, who knows what further Draconian measures we will be subject to. Remember Martin Niemöller, as I keep saying.
              How much did the case cost you?

Comment

oh good grief.

not AGAIN

please.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                  oh good grief.

not AGAIN

please.
                  You could always fook orf
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

I missed this. Do spill the beans.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Cock muncher View Post
                      oh good grief.

not AGAIN

please.
                      I gave you one simple instruction. DON'T piss your pants. Now try harder next time.

Comment

Working...
                      X