• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Happiness: A Definition

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SallyAnne
    I am a bloke - I told everyone that ages ago! Keep up!!

Good - can we be friends now then?
    Then, according to sguru we should be bonding in the gym. Let's go babe?
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
      Then, according to sguru we should be bonding in the gym. Let's go babe?

You're way too butch for my tastes Franko! I prefer to be the manly one
      The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
        You have to excuse him. He can't communicate with women, so it's better for him to imagine you're a bloke.
        If only you knew, I might let you have some of my sloppy seconds if you shape up!
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
          If only you knew, I might let you have some of my sloppy seconds if you shape up!
          Actually I did hear you were a bit of a Cassanova. In fact one your mates sent me this picture of you and one of your conquests:

Bagpuss and Missus
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Just to get back to the original topic/poll i can be transformed from being an unhappy person in anypart of this damn country to a happy one with the simplest of sentences: Lets go to the pub
            Founder Member of the 'I love Janey' Fan Club

Comment

I'm happy and I live right in the middle of London. Or is that because I live in the middle of London?

Originally posted by Bagpuss
              Most people have to live a paupers existence, i.e. live in housing that was designed for the working class of the last century.
              And as long as the taxman falls for that image, I'll remain happy!
              Drivel is my speciality

Comment

I think I've struck the right balance - 25min on the fast train straight into Central London, living in a nice area with plenty of greenery, riverside, parks, things to do and a proper little community, low crime rate, fairly good council etc.

No plans to move. I know I'd probably be happier back in the wild, but there's so much going on socially and culturally that I'd miss, so it's a trade off.

Comment

Originally posted by el duder
                  Where do you think the most happiest of people live?

North or South
                  Probably North. Down south them seem to a be a miserable bunch!

However for a definition

Income £1,000 outgoing £999.99 Happiness

Income £999.99 outgoings £1,000 Great sadness and grinding of teeth!

Comment

Originally posted by zathras
                    Probably North. Down south them seem to a be a miserable bunch!

However for a definition

Income £1,000 outgoing £999.99 Happiness

Income £999.99 outgoings £1,000 Great sadness and grinding of teeth!
                    Sounds better in the original Dickensian:
                    Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen nineteen six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds ought and six, result misery.
                    Drivel is my speciality

Comment

I'm lucky enough to be able to get all of my contract work in Scotland although I have no problem working down south, even London although I won't be back.

I measure happiness by the quality of life I experience, in summary;

IT is a hobby which became a job, I still have the enthusiasm after 27 odd years and it pays rather well.

Music is a hobby which also pays rather well and keeps my head together.

I live where I want to live with no neighbours, no crime, beautiful countryside, short commuting distance.

I've achieved most of my ambitions and the rest lined up.
                      Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                      X