• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Notice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SandyDown
    nooger that wasn't a joke, I am serious... is it in London?? as you know amnot from the UK (thought been living here 15 years) so my knowledge of areas is not good
    highbury, is near Isslington (5-10 minutes walk), North London,
    SA says;
    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    (whatever these are)

Comment

What is all this 'outside space' stuff in rental flats? I can understand if it's a nice big roof terrace, but if it's a pokey balcony whats the use?

My current flat has none and the only down side is that I have nowhere to dry my washing, but then most flats seem to ban putting washing on your balcony anyway.

The two flats that I have owned, that did have outside space, it was about as big as my office desk. What use is that? I never once sat outside on it and nor did 95% of the other residents of the block (on their own that is, not on mine).

Sorry just don't get it.

tim

Comment

Originally posted by tim123
        What is all this 'outside space' stuff in rental flats? I can understand if it's a nice big roof terrace, but if it's a pokey balcony whats the use?

My current flat has none and the only down side is that I have nowhere to dry my washing, but then most flats seem to ban putting washing on your balcony anyway.

The two flats that I have owned, that did have outside space, it was about as big as my office desk. What use is that? I never once sat outside on it and nor did 95% of the other residents of the block (on their own that is, not on mine).

Sorry just don't get it.

tim
        'outside space' == council flat no proper entrance no main entrance, drafty cold

speaking of washing in the balcony, I was in Spain last year, I was shocked to see everyone' hanging their washing in the balconies ...hmmm it was artistic in a way seeing all these bloomers all different colours blowing .. very picturesque

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner
          well the tennents in one of the flats in Highbury served notice today...
          Is that David Tennent?

Comment

Working...
          X