• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Notice

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Notice"

Collapse

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by n5gooner
    well the tennents in one of the flats in Highbury served notice today...
    Is that David Tennent?

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied
    Originally posted by tim123
    What is all this 'outside space' stuff in rental flats? I can understand if it's a nice big roof terrace, but if it's a pokey balcony whats the use?

My current flat has none and the only down side is that I have nowhere to dry my washing, but then most flats seem to ban putting washing on your balcony anyway.

The two flats that I have owned, that did have outside space, it was about as big as my office desk. What use is that? I never once sat outside on it and nor did 95% of the other residents of the block (on their own that is, not on mine).

Sorry just don't get it.

tim
    'outside space' == council flat no proper entrance no main entrance, drafty cold

speaking of washing in the balcony, I was in Spain last year, I was shocked to see everyone' hanging their washing in the balconies ...hmmm it was artistic in a way seeing all these bloomers all different colours blowing .. very picturesque

Leave a comment:

• tim123
    replied
    What is all this 'outside space' stuff in rental flats? I can understand if it's a nice big roof terrace, but if it's a pokey balcony whats the use?

My current flat has none and the only down side is that I have nowhere to dry my washing, but then most flats seem to ban putting washing on your balcony anyway.

The two flats that I have owned, that did have outside space, it was about as big as my office desk. What use is that? I never once sat outside on it and nor did 95% of the other residents of the block (on their own that is, not on mine).

Sorry just don't get it.

tim

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    Originally posted by SandyDown
    nooger that wasn't a joke, I am serious... is it in London?? as you know amnot from the UK (thought been living here 15 years) so my knowledge of areas is not good
    highbury, is near Isslington (5-10 minutes walk), North London,

Leave a comment:

• freakydancer
    replied
    whre's highburry???
    It houses the dirty gooners.

That's all you need to know.

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied
    nooger that wasn't a joke, I am serious... is it in London?? as you know amnot from the UK (thought been living here 15 years) so my knowledge of areas is not good

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    whre's highburry???

Ha Ha but on that one Sandy, your typings just as bad as mine..... 'whre's'

pot - kettle - black....

Leave a comment:

• SandyDown
    replied
    whre's highburry???

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    Originally posted by kramer
    how much are you renting the highbury flats for? How many beds are they....

I might want to rent one?
    the one that will become available next month is a 2 bed with some outside space, renting for around the £1250pcm - £1300pcm mark

Its about 5 mins walk from the new Arsenal stadium, and 3 minutes from the old one, in a tree lined residential road. Located in Sotheby Road.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by n5gooner
    it would be good the other tennants in the other flat in highbury did the same because with the same treatment I could get an extra £350pm from it.......mmmmm how do you make them want to leave....
    For 3 months rental I might have some friends who could persuade them to "do the same"

Leave a comment:

• kramer
    replied
    how much are you renting the highbury flats for? How many beds are they....

I might want to rent one?

Leave a comment:

• freakydancer
    replied
    Marvellous.

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    replied
    it would be good the other tennants in the other flat in highbury did the same because with the same treatment I could get an extra £350pm from it.......mmmmm how do you make them want to leave....

Leave a comment:

• n5gooner
    started a topic Notice

Notice

well the tennents in one of the flats in Highbury served notice today, which is good as it meens I can get in there for a weekend and touch up some of the paint work, fit a coupple of air bricks and then re-let it for an extra £200pm to what there were paying

Working...
X