• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Docklands. Anyone there?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scotspine
    at any time i'll have around 5k of smoked wild salmon in the freezer.
    5000 salmon or 5000 quids worth?

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
      5000 salmon or 5000 quids worth?
      oops, 5kg

Comment

I'm sat in one of towers in the Docklands at the moment.

The place is tulip - full of odious, pin-stripe wearing c*nts who's only goal in life is to make more money than they know what to do with, and the only conversation they have is to talk about how much money they have.

W*nkers.
        Call the cops

Comment

But I have worked in Croydon, in a slum called B-Block above the Whitgift, and it can't be worse than that, can it?
          You poor soul. I worked just across the road from there (for a few months only, thankfully) and you are right - Canary Wharf cannot possibly be worse than that.
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

But I have worked in Croydon, in a slum called B-Block above the Whitgift, and it can't be worse than that, can it?
            I can also vouch that there is nowhere worse than B block above the Whitgift - shudder at the memory of it
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by freakydancer
              I'm sat in one of towers in the Docklands at the moment.

The place is tulip - full of odious, pin-stripe wearing c*nts who's only goal in life is to make more money than they know what to do with, and the only conversation they have is to talk about how much money they have.

W*nkers.
              Chico works as a janitor in one of the buildings there. See if you can find him and have a chat. It will give you a whole new appreciation of conversations with pin-stripe wearing c*nts who's only goal in life is to make more money than they know what to do with.
              I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown
                That's all true, but I've been stuck on projects based in remote business parks - or in the middle of no where (e.g. Barclays in Knutsford) I hated being so remote
                That used to be Rathbone Hall when my father worked there for The Nuclear Power Group- Idyllic location although as you say a bit in the middle of no where.
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus
                  Chico works as a janitor in one of the buildings there. See if you can find him and have a chat. It will give you a whole new appreciation of conversations with pin-stripe wearing c*nts whose only goal in life is to make more money than they know what to do with.
                  I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

I forgot the "sic".

I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek
                      Are there a lot of parks and fields in that area ? I haven't been to the Docklands, but I have some sort of idea that it is like a Cambridge Science Park....all high-tech, glass and steel, surrounded by sculpted fields for the worker to have their sandwiches in at lunchtime, feed the deer, etc.
                      There are a couple REALLY small areas (cabot place etc) and the areas that are open (old London Arena and the plot by the water front) that SHOULD be developed as parkland are all having multi-story flats built on them.

The only real open space is Mud Chute Park, but thats a bit out of the way for a Wharf worker who only has a 5 minute break for lunch.

Mailman

Comment

Working...
                      X