• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Docklands. Anyone there?"

Collapse

• Buffoon
    replied
    Originally posted by Gonzo
    ... with the winding Thames, the Millenium Dome, the vast complex of the Ford works at Dagenham, the delicate intricacies of the walls at Belmarsh, all in the shadow of the majestic Crystal Palace TV mast ...
    Not a dry eye in the Capital. Makes you proud to be a Londoner.

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucy
    How can you say this Gonz ? Central Sydney is flanked by park and sea. I've worked in offices which overlooked the sparkling gem of Sydney harbour, and jogged in the gorgeous botanic gardens in my lunchtime. There is nothing, absolutely nothing like that in London. Unless you count a filthy river and lots of dodgy paving stones.
    You're not trying to tell me that the view of Sydney from the top of centrepoint - with the sunkissed beaches and the Tasman sea, the boats darting across the harbour, the Opera House and the Harbour Bridge and the Blue Mountains in the distance - is a patch on the view from the top of 1 Canada Square - with the winding Thames, the Millenium Dome, the vast complex of the Ford works at Dagenham, the delicate intricacies of the walls at Belmarsh, all in the shadow of the majestic Crystal Palace TV mast are you? Oh - I see.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Bagpuss
    a bit of the old George Michael no doubt
    No I never sing when I'm out walking ....

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by Francko
    To do what?
    a bit of the old George Michael no doubt

Leave a comment:

• Francko
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru
    I walk everywhere at all times of night.
    To do what?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Mailman
    Is that where you muck out the cattle runs?

Mailman
    No, that's what scummy Antipodeans are for ...

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    And do tug your forelock when I pass by on my way to the manor that includes your smelly hamlet.
    Is that where you muck out the cattle runs?

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Yeah it shows
    Right. Off you go, you gormless peasant. Lost the argument yet again.
    And do tug your forelock when I pass by on my way to the manor that includes your smelly hamlet.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Originally posted by Buffoon
    Buffoon > 20 years!
    Yeah it shows

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucy
    Your av is really freaking me out sas.

Glad to see you have posted an honest likeness though...
    Aye. It flatters me, I think.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    If you were a mugger, who would you chose, some suited wimp with his head up his arse or someone other than you?
    I haven't ever been mugged in London and I walk everywhere at all times of night.
    However, I would wager good money that you would be in your first week. You have "victim" written all over you.

Leave a comment:

• Buffoon
    replied
    ... people who've lived and worked there for years...
    Buffoon > 20 years!

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Your av is really freaking me out sas.

Glad to see you have posted an honest likeness though...

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    No you're making it up. Why are you arguing with people who've lived and worked there for years? Ah I forgot, you're a carrot munching bonehead.
    If you were a mugger, who would you chose, some suited wimp with his head up his arse or someone other than you?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    It's been in the press before as being very high for pick-pocketing. Maybe they were making it up!
    No you're making it up. Why are you arguing with people who've lived and worked there for years? Are you saying the pickpocket rate will be higher in the City, than say the West End, with all it's tourists?
    Ah I forgot, you're a carrot munching bonehead.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X