• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Australian-style points system...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    You do realise for every skilled job you have 10 low skilled jobs.

People are in cuckoo land they think Doctors can work in hospitals where the patients can't be transported in, that Engineers can build cars without an assembly line, and roads can be repaired by "Civil engineers".

"We don't need low skilled people"

Indeed you do.

I don't think I was arguing for no low skilled people. But I am arguing that when a company hires a low skilled person in this country. The tax payer is subsiding that company.

The person will receive benefits etc if they only work certain hours, pay etc. If they then in time have a kid or bring their family over, then accommodation etc has to be provided.

I would rather like other countries we invest in machinery and automation for low skilled jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      I don't think I was arguing for no low skilled people. But I am arguing that when a company hires a low skilled person in this country. The tax payer is subsiding that company.

The person will receive benefits etc if they only work certain hours, pay etc. If they then in time have a kid or bring their family over, then accommodation etc has to be provided.

I would rather like other countries we invest in machinery and automation for low skilled jobs.
      A lot low skilled EU migrants leave their families in Eastern Europe, a 1 hour cheap flight or even overnight coach once a month is far easier to afford than renting a flat. From elsewhere in the world they bring their extended families with them. You only have to read the outrage in the Daily Mail about low skilled workers claiming child benefit for them back home in Eastern Europe.

You will see migration explode once the UK is out of the EU. Check out Asian migration since the EU referendum.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

So you want to put many millions of low skilled Britons out of their jobs?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          So you want to put many millions of low skilled Britons out of their jobs?

Yes all of them, every single one of them. But I'm sure you will find some other work. ho ho.

Comment

Yes all of them, every single one of them. But I'm sure you will find some other work. ho ho.
            Britain will always need cretinherds.

Comment

We had a points based system that the Tories dismantled when they came to power. It was called HSMP. It allowed scores of highly skilled migrants to fly into UK without a job and start taking up any job that was on offer at any cost. Many even came in with fake points based off fake certificates. I have interviewed highly skilled migrants with an expected salary of 20k! It was a complete mess.
              The only difference this time seems that Boris wants to allow these chaps to only come in if they have a job offer. I can only see this ending in disaster. Lots of umbrella companies will spring up offering fake jobs to IT guys so they can flood in and drive down our rates even further.
              Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                We had a points based system that the Tories dismantled when they came to power. It was called HSMP. It allowed scores of highly skilled migrants to fly into UK without a job and start taking up any job that was on offer at any cost. Many even came in with fake points based off fake certificates. I have interviewed highly skilled migrants with an expected salary of 20k! It was a complete mess.
                The only difference this time seems that Boris wants to allow these chaps to only come in if they have a job offer. I can only see this ending in disaster. Lots of umbrella companies will spring up offering fake jobs to IT guys so they can flood in and drive down our rates even further.
                But will Jacob Rees Mogg be OK?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Of course - they just hand wave visas in UK consulates to anybody who asks

That would certainly explain how you got in...
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                    That would certainly explain how you got in...
                    Whereas you give the impression of having been hosed off the floor of a battery chicken warehouse.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      Whereas you give the impression of having been hosed off the floor of a battery chicken warehouse.
                      I could never work out where to put the battery...

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X