• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House price prediction for 2007

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SandyDown
    I've been noticing loads of places for sale on a 50% ownership basis .. part ownership part rent..anyone knows more about this??
    Yeah they are tulip.

Basically you pay say £300 on a mortgage and then £300 in rent. Instead of just paying a £600 mortgage overall becuase the banks think that you can't raise all the money.

I looked at a house the other day and the vendor said that the client was only selling 75% and that rent would be due on the rest.

Except that the price was the same as any other house in the area where you could buy 100% of the property.

Why do people think that they can just make up prices and the houses will sell. Yes I know there is a boom but your not going to get a price you just pluck outta the air (well not from me as I'm a hard nosed bastard and have no chain)

Comment

Working...
    X