• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

guitar lessons

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by el duder
    .....a good...

WRIST ACTION.
    Yep, play from the wrist, not the elbow - no matter how unintuitive it may seem at first.
    Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy Bob
      Unless you live in a detached house (or at least a semi and practice on the unattached side) I wouldn't recommend an acoustic to learn on. They're louder than you think and your neighbours are going to get upset really quick.

At least with an electric guitar you can use headphones...

Electric guitar gets run over by a car on the highway
      This is a crime against the state
      This is the meaning of life.

To tune this electric guitar

An electric guitar is brought in to a court of law
      The judge and the jury (twelve members of the jury)
      All listening to records
      This is a crime against the state
      This is the verdict they reach:

Never listen to electric guitar

Electric guitar is copies, the copy sounds better
      Call this the law of justice, call this freedom and liberty
      I thought I perjure myself, right infront of the jury!
      Is this a crime against the state? No!
      This is the verdict they reach:

Someone controls electric guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy Bob
        Unless you live in a detached house (or at least a semi and practice on the unattached side) I wouldn't recommend an acoustic to learn on. They're louder than you think and your neighbours are going to get upset really quick.

At least with an electric guitar you can use headphones...
        **** 'em!! this is rock'n'roll we're talking about!!!
        Call the cops

Comment

Originally posted by el duder
          .....a good...

WRIST ACTION.
          Not a problem for must CUKkers, I'd imagine.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Great guys - now I'm confused, electric or acoustic !! currently living in a town house..
            SA says;
            Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
            (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner
              Great guys - now I'm confused, electric or acoustic !! currently living in a town house..
              I'd start with a decent accoustic. Electric will get you sidetracked into effect units (ooh thats a good noise), then you stop learning.
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner
                Acoustic.
                Call the cops

Comment

Acoustic, you can always put a towel inside it if your neighbours complain.

Would also say lessons are a good idea and classical guitar with a graded teacher. If you can't do scales you'll never do rock'n'roll 'cause it's mostly just syncopated scales. "Rock around the clock" for example. You never know, you might actually prefer classical guitar.

threaded in "learn to walk before trying to run" mode
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

I started learning about 12 months ago. I went straight for the electric and lessons. I hadn't touched a guitar to that point. The good thing I found with lessons is that it encourages you to practice. The guy I had was patient and did the lessons around the type of music I liked. I have found that since I started working away again and so dropped the lessons the amount I parctice has dropped a lot. It doesn't help that I kept the guitar down south and so couldn't practice at the weekend.

For Christmas I got and acoustic electric fender and I must admit I am impressed with it. This will be staying at home! The sound is good and I agree with the points made before, it does make playing the electric seem a piece of pi55. I kind of wish I'd started on this and got an electric one afterwards.
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

acoustic electric fender - is that the one that looks like a telecaster?
                      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                      X