• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

5th interview, thank but no thanks.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok you might remember my rule phone interview only, F2F is usually only a meet and greet.

1st phone interview, HR screening.

2nd phone interview, 4 people invited only two on call, other two are now in USA.

3rd phone interview, with other two, evening time slot.

Agent: They loved you, here is a contract. Just do a F2F meet and greet with the end client. Ok I didn't know there was an end client (smelling rat)

4th F2F interview with end client. Did Mr abc tell you about the projects you will be handling and the role. No. Well the role is xyz. No that is not the role on the contract. Ok we will speak with Mr abc and he will arrange another interview.

Luck for me I had 2 other interview that day and have 2 other contract offers.

Don't stop interviewing, even if you have a contract.
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Farnborough?

Comment

What was the parking like?

Comment

Probably for best. I had 15 interviews once for PIMCO. Some at 11pm at night.

I was told I was a dead cert for the job. Just one rubber stamping interview with a board member.

He kept asking about my past. Then I was rejected for not being a future looking candidate.

Though apparently PIMCO don't understand contracting either.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

I was told I was a dead cert for the job. Just one rubber stamping interview with a board member.

He kept asking about my past. Then I was rejected for not being a future looking candidate.

Anyone who needs 15 interviews to reject you isn't worth working for.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
            Farnborough?
            No, in fact I never found out where it would be, I went to meet the end client at HQ but I don't think the IT was there.
            Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Myself and a colleague also jumped through pimco hoops to no avail

Comment

I will only ever do a second interview for a very good reason AND if the contract is something special AND/OR the rate is higher than normal.
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                  I will only ever do a second interview for a very good reason AND if the contract is something special AND/OR the rate is higher than normal.
                  i feel sorry for your cat.
                  it's bollox just get bigger and bigger.

Comment

Any more than 2 interviews walk away. Chances are it is either:

1. Really a permie job.
                    2. Smoke and mirrors.

Comment

Working...
                    X