• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gatwick Chaos

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    The Daily Mail are in "substantial damages" territory with that front page.

They will try to claim they are calling the culprits morons but as it could be one person behind it then then their use of morons plural can only really mean they are calling them morons. And being arrested doesn't mean you are accused.

I'm going with 250k.
    They seem to get away with labelling honest citizens as Enemies of the People.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      They seem to get away with labelling honest citizens as Enemies of the People.
      They were

Comment

They were
        In the opinion of our resident ne'er-do-well.

Comment

Wasn't me! - i wasn't there. nobody saw me. you can't prove anything

Comment

That's the nicest thing anyone on this forum has said about me in months.

Comment

They are really backtracking now on this being drones.

Monkey-man of Delhi - Wikipedia

Comment

Hmmmm. I'm a member of the local police search team and just got an email requesting my presence to "Help Police and other agencies with Drone activities at Gatwick Airport" Dunno, feeling knackered as usual.

Updaticus
                Site says "Sorry, registrations are no longer available for Gatwick Drone Actvity". Email went out at 9.45 last night when I was watching Father Brown, so obviously been a big rush. So I won't be spending today poking about in bushes looking for whatever.

They'll regret not having the benefit of xoggoth's superb sleuthing activities.
                Last edited by xoggoth; 24 December 2018, 08:53.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

They are really backtracking now on this being drones.

Monkey-man of Delhi - Wikipedia
                  It would be funny if it was mass hysteria. A well deserved national humiliation to round off the year.

Comment

Strange really - seems there was no drone at all.

Managed to ground a few flights for a few days - probably gave them some time for extra security 'checks'

Or maybe there is nothing in that at all.

Comment

WTF!

Gatwick: suspects exonerated as confusion deepens over drone attack | UK news | The Guardian

Confusion deepened as a senior police officer in the case said it was “always a possibility that there may not have been any genuine drone activity in the first place”. DCS Jason Tingley added that although the damaged drone was a significant line of inquiry, wet weather could have washed away evidence. He also noted that there were no pictures or video of the drone incursions into the airspace around Gatwick . He said there was “no available footage and [officers] are relying on witness accounts”.
                      WTAF!

They didn't get eyes on before pulling the plug? Who are these morons, they should be the ones on the front pages of the gutter press.

"Sir we have reports of a drone inside the perimeter fence"
                      "Who's reporting it?"
                      "Some guy walking his dog"
                      "So not even a plane spotter that may know how to tell the difference between a drone, and you know, the various types of aircraft coming into this airport?"
                      "Nope just some old duffer"
                      "Alright better close the place down, can't take any risk"
                      "Shouldn't we get visual confirmation from airport security"
                      "Nope, public witness accounts can be relied upon, hit the panic button"

It can't be true. I'm embarrassed for them.
                      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Working...
                      X