• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gatwick Chaos

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Acme Thunderer View Post
    A primary surveillance radar is highly unlikely to detect a drone. It just isn't designed to do that. It would only sweep past the drone every 4 seconds or so plus the size of the return would be minuscule

The secondary surveillance radar, which ATC do their work from, certainly wouldn't see it as the drone won't have a transponder
    Radar is not deigned to detect flying things in the sky.

That is me told.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      Radar is not deigned to detect flying things in the sky.

That is me told.
      Its a question of size. The smallest thing I can think of is WTFH's brain Do you think radar could detect that?

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
        Its a question of size. The smallest thing I can think of is WTFH's brain Do you think radar could detect that?
        WTFH's brain is very big, Cojak's brain is very big, NAT's brain is very big, Admin's brain is very big.

*winks Morse code at keyboard*

Comment

WTFH's brain is very big, Cojak's brain is very big, NAT's brain is very big, Admin's brain is very big.

Comment

Size isn't important - it's what you do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Size isn't important - it's what you do with it.
              Size is also relative, not only to others, but also to where/how it’s used.
              A cocktail sausage fits nicely in a bit of puff pastry, but wouldn’t be noticed in the channel tunnel
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

New primary suspect: Police drone

Gatwick drones: Sussex Police 'sorry' for arrested couple - BBC News

He admitted police drones launched to investigate could have caused "some level of confusion"
                The disruption was not caused by police drones, launched in response and only when the airport was closed.
                However, he said he was "absolutely certain that there was a drone flying throughout the period that the airport was closed".

Looks like the original perp has gotten clean away amid confusion of public spotting police drones in the area.

Tinfoil hat theory: Saboteurs not happy with imminent sale of airport.
                Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Bridges are now closing because of drones

Severn Bridge shuts after drone flown from the top - BBC News

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

More chance of catching the Gatwick drone operators than catching the CUK malware operators.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                      Bridges are now closing because of drones

Severn Bridge shuts after drone flown from the top - BBC News

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
                      TBF it sound like it shut because someone climbed up it to fly a drone, rather than because there was a drone.

Comment

Working...
                      X