• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Official AMD shares thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I only do charts. Show me the charts and I'll tell you the news. P/E ratios are as far removed from reality as it is possible, you must know that.

AMD bugs were hoping Apple was going to switch out Intel for AMD, turns out Apple is going to switch out Intel for Apple. Good move.

The iPad pro is more powerful than my Intel based 2018 Macbook pro according to geekbench.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Look left. The last time the market was at the same RSI level on the 2-month chart a 90% correction followed.

What surprised me is you consider $6 a fall. I consider it a 300% + gain in only 4 years. In Stock market terms that's insane.
      Emotion and faith in charts vs. fundamentals, impressive levels of delusion.

Comment

I only do charts. Show me the charts and I'll tell you the news. P/E ratios are as far removed from reality as it is possible, you must know that.
        P/E ratio (adjusted for growth) and corresponding dividends (which AMD will soon start paying) ought to be the only measure of stock value, charts is a lot of BS at best, fraud at worst - numerology in graphics basically.

Apple is shafting suppliers all the time - the fact that AMD won't supply their low end offering is good as it would have been at a loss probably

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          P/E ratio (adjusted for growth) and corresponding dividends (which AMD will soon start paying) ought to be the only measure of stock value, charts is a lot of BS at best, fraud at worst - numerology in graphics basically.

Apple is shafting suppliers all the time - the fact that AMD won't supply their low end offering is good as it would have been at a loss probably

In a rational market searching for price discovery, totally agree. In a market pumped up by FED Brrrrr money, totally disagree.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

In a rational market searching for price discovery, totally agree. In a market pumped up by FED Brrrrr money, totally disagree.
            So AMD will get extra boost, what's not to like?

Comment

Go'an fill your boots.

Be fearful when others are greedy - Pah! What does Warren Buffet know!

Fear & Greed Index - Investor Sentiment - CNNMoney

Comment

Hang on - you said yourself not to be emotional?

Comment

No no, it's totally void of emotion for your trading to be dictated by an arbitrary measurement of two emotions, fear and greed. The fear and greed emotion index has a great track record too, predominantly "greedy" for 2019 (a cracking year for the US stock markets).

Comment

I posted the index on fear n greed for your benefit since you're the emotional trader here.

Comment

55.04 USD −2.40 (4.18%)

Comment

Working...
                      X