• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Official AMD shares thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oct 29th - Earnings report - estimated earnings = 15c...actual 11c...and the price shoots up
    No rhyme or reason to that. I think we must be about to find out that AMD is actually a blockchain company and AtW is about to become an official playa in the fraud he claims everyone else is taking part in
    Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
      Oct 29th - Earnings report - estimated earnings = 15c...actual 11c...and the price shoots up
      Agreed. The world is totally backwards right now.

Big money is piling into negative yielding bonds, stocks (not just AMD much of the SP500) shoots up on the promise of more money printing. IPO's not worth the paper they're written on valued in the billions. Wework, Uber, etc

Was offered a loan for a six figured some with an APR of 0.75%. Yet they're folks out there paying 18% on a few grand of credit card debt.

Central banks have turned folding cash into worthless slurry. Even if you're not a crypto fan you should be stacking precious metals like a mad yin at the minute.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

This chart just for you mr ATW

This is a monthly chart. The monthly resistance since 2000 has been apparently broken. Again it's a monthly chart. If the very last candle, the November candle, you'll need to wait until the end of the month for confirmation. If it remains above this line by the beginning of December... Then something very odd will happen. You'll see a manic push up. Maybe 2x.

For the love of whatever higher power you believe in, take some profits off the table if does 2x. The Gravestone DOJI is still very much in play.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

No rhyme or reason to that. I think we must be about to find out that AMD is actually a blockchain company and AtW is about to become an official playa in the fraud he claims everyone else is taking part in
          Estimated was 0.18 (non GAAP), and it was met - AMD Reports Third Quarter 2019 Financial Results | Advanced Micro Devices

More importantly I would have thought a trading “guru” like yourself and pooper would know different ways share prices are valued by the market, and it ain’tmjust current P/E ratio

Comment

A bigger question is whether to hold above 100, now that’s going to be tough call to make.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Estimated was 0.18 (non GAAP), and it was met - AMD Reports Third Quarter 2019 Financial Results | Advanced Micro Devices

More importantly I would have thought a trading “guru” like yourself and pooper would know different ways share prices are valued by the market, and it ain’tmjust current P/E ratio
              My value came only from the tradingview interface
              Hope your share certificates are nice and handy for when it comes down again and you haven't taken profit..they'll be valued in a different way then...in absorbency
              Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

36.74 USD +0.44 (1.23%)

Comment

My value came only from the tradingview interface. Hope your share certificates are nice and handy for when it comes down again and you haven't taken profit..they'll be valued in a different way then...in absorbency
                  When it reaches 50, would you fook right off this forum? Pooper will when it hits 40, which looks imminent now.

Comment

36.91 USD +0.62 (1.71%)

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      Bollox. I bailed out at 8.9% and it made it to 11%. Ah well. Still some good money.

Comment

Working...
                      X