• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Official AMD shares thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drop in semiconductors is driven by collapse in prices of RAM and Flash storage - which will benefit logic sales (CPUs).

Having said that not all CPUs will benefit - Intel now in very bad spot for server, barring rare cases (very expensive per core licensed software like SAP), no brainer to go for AMD

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Drop in semiconductors is driven by collapse in prices of RAM and Flash storage - which will benefit logic sales (CPUs).

Having said that not all CPUs will benefit - Intel now in very bad spot for server, barring rare cases (very expensive per core licensed software like SAP), no brainers to go for AMD
      Gratis.
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

no brainer to go for AMD
        Speaking of no brains....

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

And?

I am holding even if it drops to 10

Comment

So not only brainless, but an emotional gambler who does not know how to take profits?

You'll probably sell at $10
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              So not only brainless, but an emotional gambler who does not know how to take profits?

You'll probably sell at $10
              I only “gamble” with the money I can afford to lose, so that allows me to take a long term view on what is the right thing to do.

Don’t forget - when this stock hits 40 bucks you are banished form CUK for good, a good cause for investment on its own, as if it was needed for AMD!

Comment

And?

I am holding even if it drops to 10
                That's the spirit AtW. Profits are for dirty spekulants!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  That's the spirit AtW. Profits are for dirty spekulants!
                  Profit and loss are like Love and Marriage!

Comment

I only “gamble” with the money I can afford to lose, so that allows me to take a long term view on what is the right thing to do.

Don’t forget - when this stock hits 40 bucks you are banished form CUK for good, a good cause for investment on its own, as if it was needed for AMD!
                    I am going to buy a tulip load of the CPU chips just for this reason alone.

Comment

Better make it 4 bucks, I've a feeling we'll reach that value first.

Comment

Working...
                      X