• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Official AMD shares thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    No, it's my least successful horse
    My shout is AMD has legs, the fundamentals are looking good.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
      My shout is AMD has legs, the fundamentals are looking good.
      If RDNA2 GPU arch is as good as it seems (it’s in PS5/Xbox so people will optimise for it anyway) then they stand to claw back market share from Nvidia who are valued more than Intel!

My only regret not keeping NV shares when I had them for 100, sold for 120 - what a loser

Comment

If RDNA2 GPU arch is as good as it seems (it’s in PS5/Xbox so people will optimise for it anyway) then they stand to claw back market share from Nvidia who are valued more than Intel!

My only regret not keeping NV shares when I had them for 100, sold for 120 - what a loser
        Gaming could see a up tick due to a sea change in the workforce due to covid.

The real money is in the enterprise / cloud, the Epyc line of CPUs are just ridiculous compared to their Xeon counterparts.

Comment

Epyc is very good but final game changer will be Zen 4 on 5 nm - should be out in 2022.

Very fast NVMe in new consoles will be massive game changer on their own - plus beefy GPUs, this should set up a wave of PC upgrades - I can see 16 cores becoming minimum standard due to lack of hardware decompressors in PC NVMes, cheaper throw general purpose cores at that on PC side

Main limit for AMD is production levels at TSMC, but that is being expanded plus there is Samsung making a serious play at foundry business.

Been using Epycs since they released v1, but really pushed it with Epyc 2, now waiting for Epyc 3 due later this year!
          Last edited by AtW; 23 July 2020, 17:41.

Comment

Yeah, we split up the monster core machine to workers with 2-4 vCPUs, even those mosquitoes purr.

Comment

Will end in tears. Stock valuation is a joke. You called it right and made a fortune, cash it in!

Or watch it back to $10 a share.

Comment

At 10 bucks I’ll buy 10 times more, that average my investment close to 10 bucks

Comment

At 10 bucks I’ll buy 10 times more, that average my investment close to 10 bucks
                  Meh, I can't be bothered with you.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Meh, I can't be bothered with you.

I’ll buy you a Prawn Cocktail when it hits 100

Comment

Wow look at after market jump!

Comment

Working...
                      X