• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is Santa IR35 exempt?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR35 doesn't apply to Santa as he's been outsourced to India.
    "My God, it's huge!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Flubster
      Actually the reason he wears read is down to Coca Cola so it's not strictly his dress code...
      Not true.

http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/santa.asp

more myths explored at http://search.atomz.com/search/?sp-q...&sp-m=1&sp-s=0
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Baring in mind the number of countries that Santa essentially works in, his tax situation must be a nightmare and his accountant a damn genius.

All I want to know is...

Who's his accountant and does he charge much?

Comment

I would make a good Santa because I have a large sack and only come once a year

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

He uses the same one as Threaded I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman
              I just used the random button on the 'snopes' site and got this:http://www.snopes.com/photos/people/microsoft.asp

Thats ruined my day...
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

"Sorry to disappoint you Denny but I think you'll find that Santa doesn't exist and the customers do pay for the goods."

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooo!

What about the easter bunny? Is that real. I'm suprised that kids go for that one. A guy delivering presents is one thing but a chocolate egg delivering rabbit is something else. And why does the tooth fairy want kids teeth anyway. Surely there is a huge mountain of old teeth somewhere.
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
                  He has to conform to a dress code, works on the client premises (grotto) and is directed in the hours he has to work, e.g. only working during December and climbing down chimneys on Christmas Eve. However, the duration of the contract is short and he has no notice period.

The premises (grotto) are his own. He can work when ever he wants but must deliver by a certain date. The uniform is part of the job and therefore no reflection on status. He can employ as many people as he needs to deliver the project.

No do not think Santa is caught.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi
                    I just used the random button on the 'snopes' site and got this:http://www.snopes.com/photos/people/microsoft.asp

Thats ruined my day...
                    Thanks for the link. The picture has been floating around the net for quite a few years. That's the first time I've seem a description of who was who.

Interesting bit about Billy throwing a tantrum
                    Last edited by Sysman; 22 December 2006, 06:04.
                    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                    X