• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

2 contractors bite the bullet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tim123
    I can't understand why contractors don't ask "how long an initial contrat are you offering" at the interview (sorry, sales presentation).

tim
    Another one to ask: "How much has the agency put me in at".

This will normally be on the cover of the CV. And you might see it as you
    walk into the room or when its in the interviewers hand. Or when they leave
    the room to get you a drink or when they leave while you do a technical test.

But if you dont get a chance to see it you can just ask..

Comment

Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
      But was the contract not for 6 months?
      Bit of tough tulip for the agent, but the agency contract with the client is not really relevant to the agency's contract with the supplier.
      On what grounds would the agency be able to disregard the contract, just because they f*cked up? Surely there must be some kind of legal recompense available to those suppliers who signed a contract in good faith for six months.
      I would suppose that there is something in there about the agent being able to terminate the contract without notice if the client no longer requires the contractor's services?

Comment

Originally posted by expat
        I would suppose that there is something in there about the agent being able to terminate the contract without notice if the client no longer requires the contractor's services?
        Indeed there is.

Comment

Well it's a good non-IR35 pointer I suppose

Originally posted by expat
          but surely the agency can be sued for fraud, after all, they never had 6 months to offer the supplier, but nonetheless signed a contract (you know, legally binding document) to the effect that they did?
          Why not?

Comment

Working...
          X