• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lock picking anyone ??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth
    Cant read any of those as stupid work browser blocking them. I have found you can 'crack' a cheap padlock by going through each digit in turn and checking for slightly increased slackness. Can't imagine one should be able to do that with a decent safe though.
    It’s a long time since I read the document but the general answer is that you can crack a safe by feel; not forgetting that it presumes you have access to the key as well. If you can’t crack the safe by the map and feel technique you can drill a small hole in the right place and used a fibre optic scope with a light to see the position of the cams or tumblers. The hole can be welded up latter so there is no damage to the safe.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I prefer this approach

Looks like far more fun, if not quite as practical
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner
        for when you loose your key..
        Lose, BTW.

Comment

Working...
        X