• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London finance exodus to...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    Your faces will be a picture when you vote for independence and fail to realise that all those jobs have to come back south of the border.
    We'll have to annex Glasgow and Coulport, we need somewhere to keep our nukes
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        And that shows how ignorant you are - there’s loads of finance contracts between Glasgow and Edinburgh.

Unless you’re just being racist of course.
        he's trying to be funny by being a bit racist
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
          he's trying to be funny by being a bit racist
          Can you get a bit pregnant?

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
            Can you get a bit pregnant?
            no.

There's a difference between using a throwaway stereotype to suggest that all Glaswegians are drunk, and murdering 6 million Jews.
            So yes, you can be a bit racist.
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

As mentioned earlier....there is quite a lot of finance work in Scotland, particularly in Edinburgh. I don't even bother looking at London these days when I can get a similar rate in Edinburgh without the stupid costs to rent some pokey little flat, cheaper beer and a more pleasant city to be in. Commuting is far cheaper as I can drive to Edinburgh quite easily and not have to rely on stupidly expensive trains.
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
                As mentioned earlier....there is quite a lot of finance work in Scotland, particularly in Edinburgh. I don't even bother looking at London these days when I can get a similar rate in Edinburgh without the stupid costs to rent some pokey little flat, cheaper beer and a more pleasant city to be in. Commuting is far cheaper as I can drive to Edinburgh quite easily and not have to rely on stupidly expensive trains.
                You were doing so well, right up to that point.
                Unless you're using the park and ride schemes?
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                  You were doing so well, right up to that point.
                  Unless you're using the park and ride schemes?
                  No - rent a flat/serviced appartment with parking. Pretty simple. Where I live in Rochdale, without even tanking along its generally 3.5 hours door to door
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
                    No - rent a flat/serviced appartment with parking. Pretty simple. Where I live in Rochdale, without even tanking along its generally 3.5 hours door to door
                    I'd be getting out of Rochdale a damn site quicker than that!
                    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
                      Xenophobic Little Englander uses outdated stereotype *shocked face*

Can't wait until England is left alone with Brexit. Do you have your stockpile of tinned corned beef yet?
                      Originally posted by cojak View Post
                      And that shows how ignorant you are - there’s loads of finance contracts between Glasgow and Edinburgh.

Unless you’re just being racist of course.
                      Is this where I can accuse the scots of having a complete sense of humour failure.

Or was it just because the comments were a bit to close to home?

any way either way stop fookin whinging.

Comment

Working...
                      X