• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Teenagers are little sh@tes - spy software recommendation?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    He's a teenager, that only works so far. They are wired to push everything to the limit.
    Children(of all ages) push you to your limit. And just a little beyond.

You've got to take a step back and look at reality.
    You think anyone comes to CUK for reality?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      Screens out of bedroom. Simples.

Also, is this the kid with mental health issues?
      There is someone with mental health issues in Psychocandy household but it is not his son.
      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        Not on my tp-link unfortunately. I can deny wi-fi access according to a schedule but not wired (he uses ip over power). I can block mac but not to a schedule unfortunately.
        Over the power lines has an Ethernet cable into the back of the router, doesn’t it? When he goes to bed, unplug the cable.

Ours has a PS4 in his room so Fortnite when it should be homework is the problem, I’ve already informed him that there will be a Mac block next school year.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
          Over the power lines has an Ethernet cable into the back of the router, doesn’t it? When he goes to bed, unplug the cable.

Ours has a PS4 in his room so Fortnite when it should be homework is the problem, I’ve already informed him that there will be a Mac block next school year.
          Bloody Fortnite is a right pain in the arse. Manchester police circulated a parental guide about it recently which is pretty unprecedented. Normally it's about general gaming or online safety. My two were addicted to COD and FIFA but not to this level. It's a great game and I can see how it can be addictive but this one seems to have taken it to a new level.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Bloody Fortnite is a right pain in the arse. Manchester police circulated a parental guide about it recently which is pretty unprecedented. Normally it's about general gaming or online safety. My two were addicted to COD and FIFA but not to this level. It's a great game and I can see how it can be addictive but this one seems to have taken it to a new level.
            My daughter plays fortnite.....

but not to the point of excess - she gets bored after getting beat so often!

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              My daughter plays fortnite.....

but not to the point of excess - she gets bored after getting beat so often!
              Count yourself lucky. My lads and their mates are admittedly very good at it so tempers flare and moods change when they lose or get kicked off. Youngest hasn't made any effort to find himself a job over the summer as he expects to be on it from the moment he wakes up to the when he goes to bed (at whatever time in the morning he thinks that might be). Games were always a problem but as I say, this one takes it to a new level.

I can guarantee there will be tears in my house when the internet goes off at a reasonable time as it already does and he's going out volunteering seems he hasn't found a job. Not relishing that discussion this weekend.

Comment

I remember reading an article where a kid pee'd themselves rather than stop playing fortnite. I used to love playing COD but never to a point that affects my health

Comment

Originally posted by wparkar View Post
                  I remember reading an article where a kid pee'd themselves rather than stop playing fortnite. I used to love playing COD but never to a point that affects my health
                  Must admit I remember having a defining moment when I had to take a leak in to a bottle during a long raid on the Black Temple and Illidan Stormrage back in my World of Warcraft days. Dawned on me at that point that things were getting ridiculous.

Comment

Must admit I remember having a defining moment when I had to take a leak in to a bottle during a long raid on the Black Temple and Illidan Stormrage back in my World of Warcraft days. Dawned on me at that point that things were getting ridiculous.
                    Yep I used to play Wow a lot too. Since the last kid (whos 5 now) just dont have the time....
                    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Count yourself lucky. My lads and their mates are admittedly very good at it so tempers flare and moods change when they lose or get kicked off. Youngest hasn't made any effort to find himself a job over the summer as he expects to be on it from the moment he wakes up to the when he goes to bed (at whatever time in the morning he thinks that might be). Games were always a problem but as I say, this one takes it to a new level.

I can guarantee there will be tears in my house when the internet goes off at a reasonable time as it already does and he's going out volunteering seems he hasn't found a job. Not relishing that discussion this weekend.
                      Oh yes the good old school hols problem. Can guarantee my lad also thinks it means 16 hours of playing games and 8 hours of sleep for the next x many weeks.

Trouble is his 16 hours tends to mean 12pm till 4am next day. Not going to happen. Especially with the noise he makes.

Trouble is it really is 16 hours in his head. Therefore, not one second for things like washing, eating, etc.
                      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X